Saturday, March 15, 2014

No More Fun and Games....at least for today



Well, isn't that the truth!!!!  I came across this hilarious sentiment this morning on Pinterest.  It rang true for me because last night I made an error somewhere in my current project that puts me a half stitch off!!!!!  I was thinking that maybe I could have finished this delightful project this weekend.  Now I am in the depths of despair and need to find out where I went wrong.  I tried to figure it out last night but no luck.  My friends said to look at it in the morning with fresh eyes. 





This is a gorgeous project from La-D-Da.  A Sister's Garden.  I don't have a sister; but no matter.  I loved the colors in this design and the prim look of the flowers.  

I highlighted the initials of my grandmothers, my mom and myself in the alphabet.  C is for Cynthia.  N is for Nancy.  R is for Rose.  L is for Laura.  

So, later today I will put on my thinking cap and figure out where the problem lies.  I think it is somewhere in the flower basket.  I have this issue where when I run into a problem like this I start something new intending to back to the "problem" design.  I don't want to do that this time because I a love stitching on this project.  Stay tuned........

11 comments:

Melody said...

Good luck on finding your mistake quickly! I hope you won't have to 'frog' too much! You are right, this is a pretty piece.

Marilyn said...

I too picked up that one.
I love it, I think it's the colors that draw me.
I too do not have a sister, but bought it anyway. :)
I hope you don't have to go back too far. Maybe someone else can look at it for you?
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Arrgh! Sorry that happened to you. It is no fun. Hope it comes out quickly.

Ali said...

Oh I feel for you! It's no fun unpicking as I've discovered this afternoon. I hope you don't have much to unpick and redo.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your work is lovely, Laura! Hope you find your mistake and don't have to rip out and re-sew too much.

Enjoy your weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Such a beautiful piece, Laura. Hope you're able to set it right!!!

Stitcherpharmd said...

Hi, if you have not found error, l think it is along the line of brown stitching into the flower.

Barb said...

I hope you find the error quickly, things like that drive us all crazy!!

Margaret said...

Oh I hate when that happens! I hope you find the mistake quickly!

Stitchinowl said...

Hope you find your mistake quickly and don't have to frog too many stitches. On a positive note, I love, love, love this pattern!
Carolyn

Melissa said...

You know, that happened to me (for the first time) this year with the half stitch off and it was on a big project. I never did find it but I was able to fudge my way through it, thankfully!

I hope you are able to figure out what the problem is or find a solution. It is a cute design. I am surprised how bright the colours on your piece compared to the photo on the chart though.