Monday, March 24, 2014

Stitching at Patti's


Last Saturday our wonderful group gathered at Patti's house for a Saturday Stitch-a-thon.  As you can see Patti is decorated for Spring and Easter.....even if our weather is still in the winter phase. 


But before I show you all of the stitching that went on I need to shout out a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who helped me find and fix my mistake on the La D Da My Sister's Garden.   I am so thankful for all of your eagle eyes!!!!!!!!  I frogged the problem area and then my friend Karin went over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure everything was correct.  I am back to stitching on it.  Phew!!!

Pat finished the beautiful Louisa Bell sampler, but unfortunately I took a picture of the amazing finish while it was on top of a Vera bag so that it showing through.  You get the idea though.....Amazing Piece!!!!!!    This was part of a Wednesday stitch a long on Instagram.  I wonder what they will pick next.  I want to join!!!  I love to be part of groups.

 Here is Brenda's framed finish of Harriette Coe.  This is a total masterpiece!!!!  

One of Patti's current stitching projects is this one from Kathy Barrick.  I LOVE IT!!!!!!  I am putting this on my list to work on starting next October.  Love!
Kellie finished Proper Sisters School of Needlework by Pineberry Lane!!!  This is also a most fabulous design!!!

Patti's Dad was an artist and had many mediums.  He made these beautiful eggs!!!!  So stunning and so wonderful that Patti can display them every Spring.  

 I had some ornaments finished so I brought them for show and tell.  It is always fun to have people who really appreciate "this stuff" look at them and ooh and ahh!



 I am really loving flat folds!!!!!

 Karin was working on this new design from La D Da.  She was using Sanguine by Weeks Dye Works with wool thread.  The color below is a bit orange because of the flash.  The color above is more true.  It was so cool and gorgeous and fun.

Guess what?  This was her progress on Saturday.  She is now done with the project on Monday!!!!!  Super smoking needle!

Brenda and Linda are also stitching on Louisa Bell.  So fun!!!

Kellie started with no Vera Bradley when we all met.  She is coming right along.  This is part of her current pile of VB!!!! We always seem to need more. 

 Linda and Karin are going to stitch this sampler by The Traveling Stitcher.  Very colorful and I have a feeling it going to be one I will want to do!!!

We were also all agog over The Red Deer Sampler.  So cool!

Another fabulous day of stitching and laughing and friendship is in the books.  Thanks Patti!!!!!  


24 comments:

BrendaS said...

Great recap Laura! We had such a super Saturday didn't we??

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Beautiful blog as always, Laura. You have such a good eye!

Margaret said...

I always love your get together posts. Fantastic! Glad the mistake was found too. I so need that Gigi Red Deer sampler.

Katken said...

You gals sure have good taste in charts!!!! Always enjoy hearing about the gathering!! Thanks for sharing!

Ali said...

Thank you for sharing your stitching get together with us. You have all worked on some lovely projects, I've now got the 'wanties' .... Some of those projects are just gorgeous.

Chris said...

What a great get together! So many beautiful projects. I love your finishes. I really like that piece by the traveling stitcher too, such bright colors.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Look at you all :) Having so much fun! And look at Kelli's VB! WHOOP WHOOP! I have been collecting mine too :) HA!
Your ornaments and flatfolds are perfect, beautiful and wonderful! WOW! You go girl :)
I saw Karin's finish of the BBD Rabbit and guess what?! I'm off to purchase it today because I've been on the fence about it and she pushed me over the edge!

Robin in Virginia said...

Laura, love your finished ornaments and flat fold! Way to go! I really enjoyed reading your recap (and seeing the pictures) of your day at Patti's.

Robin in Virginia

The Inspired Stitcher said...

You girls always have the best time when you get together. So much to drool over in this post. Love the bunny! Love it all actually. Have a good week!

Denise said...

Wow what a lot of eye candy! makes me what to go and do some stitching.Sounds like you had a great time at Patti's.
Happy Stitching
Denise

Vickie said...

Love Patti's Easter decor! Great projects. You finished your ornaments fantastically.

blue star stitcher said...

I just bought the Spring Hare chart from La D Da this month. Seeing Karin's makes me want to start it sooner than planned.

Melissa said...

It's always such a treat to see everyone's lovely stitching! Great fun!

llknbillburg said...

Fabulous stitching! What a great group of stitchers you all have!! Laura

Stitchinowl said...

Hi Laura,
I always enjoy reading about your get-togethers. You girls need to go on the road and stop at each of our houses :) Thanks for posting all the lovely WIP's and finishes. A few have popped onto my wish list.
Happy Stitching,
Carolyn

woolwoman said...

always a great day when with gal pals right !!!!!!! Loved seeing all the stitching. Mel

Carol said...

What fun to see everyone's projects and finishes--your ornaments look awesome, Laura!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous! You make me want to harass my neighborhood Facebook group to see if anyone else stitches.

Barb said...

What a wonderful group of stitching. So many projects I would love to do.I also enjoyed the pretty Easter decorating.

Bekca said...

I love stitching show and tell! It looks like you had a wonderful time :)
Best wishes.

Kathy L. said...

I love your stitching updates. What fun to have a stitching group. My friends do crafts but I am the only cross stitcher. Like you said stitchery really appreciate stitching!

Your finishes are great.

Kathy

Jeanne said...

Loved seeing everyone's projects Laura - all beautiful and enabling LOL. I hope spring comes your way soon! Sending you sunshine from Arizona :)

Barb said...

So many nice projects. I just found your blog and signed on to follow it.

Kellie said...

Love your picture filled posts and seeing everyone's beautiful work. Karin's La D Da rabbit will have me jumping to my online LNS as soon as I finish this comment. I, too, love Vera Bradley. I would love to see a post sometime on which pieces your stitching group uses most for stitching organization.