Monday, November 05, 2007

A little light housekeeping



This picture is really apropos of nothing.......I just went to Google Images and put in some key words, and this cool picture came up! How romantic! See the Harvest Moon in the backround? I don't have too much to say tonight, but felt the need to have a new entry. My thoughts tonight really relate to my drive home from work. It was the first night that it was pitch black on the way home. It was really kind of relaxing. For the first time in a long time I came home and felt like "nesting." I put away the laundry and even did the dishes after dinner!!! (Mike cooked, as usual)

Now, I am settling in for an evening of Dancing With the Stars and Heroes. I will finish my current book and just laze around! This coming Sunday I have my first book club meeting with my pals from the world of medical transcription. So I am looking forward to that. I am also going to start compiling my Top 10 reads of the year. I would love it if a bunch of us reading blogger types listed all of our fave reads of the year....(Nan, Anjali, Heather; I know you all are big readers!)......So, keep a list people and maybe in late December we can share them!

So, I am settling in for my long winter's nap and am hoping to get a little organizing/cleaning done everynight after work. That is goal #1; and if you know me, you know that is quite a lofty goal. Then I need to add the working out goal, the eating healthy goal, and the getting back to the stamping room goal. Baby steps!

ETA: New picture cause something got messed up. Thought this was funny!

7 comments:

Trixie said...

What a lovely picture! The woman looks so passionate! Your drive home sounds well deserved. Enjoy your baby steps and spending time in your wonderful nest.

beth said...

Nesting is a good thing at this time of year....

and baby steps towards your goals...you go girl !!!

Diane Duda said...

Hope you have better luck with "them there goals" than I do.

Donna Layton said...

LOL...yes, your goals are a bit lofty, but one can dream can't they??
The getting dark early does make you settle down and relax a lot sooner. I also like sleeping at night with my fleece blanket against my body. You can only do that when it's really cold!

Sandra Evertson said...

This is such a romantic photo!
Lovely!
Sandra Evertson

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

oooh I will try my best to make a list if I can remember everything I read... lol

Lena said...

I came home in the dark this evening, with grocery bags in hand. I arranged a bouquet of flowers, opened a bottle of champagne and tossed a Caesar salad. I tossed a couple of ready made pizzas in the oven, and lit a few candles before my husband came home. I love how this time of year makes it ok for quieter times and the nesting that you've mentioned.

Best wishes to you!