Monday, August 11, 2008

Potpouri

Here is a post about several things. First up, above and below are finds from our weekend in St. Louis a few weeks ago. Don't you just love this little drum majorette figurine!
Here is a tin that Jane found. She called my name across the entire store and said this was right up my alley. She was right!
Last Saturday we had a mini girl get together. My friend Trish came over with her Mary Kay wares so that we could explore skin care, eye color, etc. Before we get to that; please note the book above. It was Trish's Mom's book when she was little and she gave it to me!
It has such sweet poems and illustrations! I might be favoring you all with one of the very sweet fairy poems sometime soon.
Here are my Mom, Jane and Trish. All with glowing and beautiful skin! I really like this Mary Kay stuff. It works, it is affordable, and everyone looks beautiful.
After Mary Kay time we commenced to fooling around with our stamps, papers, etc.
Upcoming I will have a post about my current form of art therapy; making little books for myself. I convinced Jane to try one for herself. This is the cover!!!!! Screams of delight!!! So cute!!! Also love the shape of this little book; there are tags inside to decorate!
Above is Trish's work area. I love those stamps of hers, "Dream Big" and "Find Your Passion."
Here is my Mom working on a card. She is using a very sweet image from a collage sheet from The Little Pink Studio.
Miss Jane holds up what promises to be a future masterpiece. She has such a way with color, ribbons, paint and vintage images. I am sure I will be going ape over this when she is done.
ooops, this is a blurry picture of Trish.....

Lastly, here is my Mom after her Mary Kay skin session. She looks radiant don't you think??? In case you want to know more about Mary Kay products, here is a link to Trish's site; she would be most pleased to help you.

9 comments:

Trixie said...

OMG thank you so much..for the recap, for the great post, and indeed everyone looks FRESH AND LOVELY! I am almost done with my 13 pink & black swap cards and will post one on my flickr acct. so you can see. I had a spectacular day with the girls I love the most!

Relyn Lawson said...

Your Mom is gorgeous! Really beautiful. Lucky Jane and Trish to get to craft with you. If I bring frosted sugar cookies, can I come next time? Seriously, looks like you had a wonderful time. I loved this little peek.

Laura said...

Hey Relyn....

You have a standing invitation! With or without cookies!!!

Jeanie said...

Unbelievably fun and cool! How fun to get together and do girly stuff and terrific art! I love the little books you were talking about and the one Jane did! Hope you do a tutorial!

Hey, movie fan -- next month PBS is showing an "American Masters" that is a five-hour history of Warner Brothers! Busby Berkeley included!!!

One Crabapple said...

I will definitely check out Trish because I could USE some radiance....YES you all looked lovely and fresh and new !

Well I didn't see you, where are YOU ?

LOVE THAT TIN! I woulda screamed your name across the store too ! but I wouldnt' have given it up to you...! It would have been MINE. She is a Good Friend !

Your gatherings always look so fun. So comfortable. And A Mom as Your Friend too. HOW FABULOUS !

ps. I DID think of you when I was flipping thru the Italian Vogue Bride mag. I knew you would love it. Oh my gosh. So many SUMPTIOUS - SUMPTUIOus ? I dont know how to spell it , only talk it ! But anyway, so many amazing gowns. They really blew me away. Nothing like Bride magazine here. These are straight out of a french court or something. Really WOW. Hope you get to see it at the bookstore.

xo-S.

Unknown said...

I use Mary Kay regularly and everyone says I look younger than my driver's license says so. :) Glad I stopped in for your virtual card making party. Your little spiral notebook is precious.

Anonymous said...

Great finds and fun art!!! Kristin

beth said...

what a great weekend you all had....but miss LAURA....where are you at in these photos wearing all your Mary Kay gorgeousness ???

cough yourself up so we can see you too !!!

seriously though, I've had the chance to play with all of you and I know how much fun it is !!!

you are all missed!! and your creations are/will be wonderful !!!

hope to see you all soon !!

Diane Duda said...

I need to get me one of those DREAM BIG stamps.
We say that a lot around here ever since Juno said it to her step-mom. :)

xo
di