Sunday, August 11, 2013

Stash Enhancement

My stitching peeps and I took a road trip yesterday.  We drove about 60 miles to House of Stitches in LaPorte, Indiana.  This is one of the best shops in the country people!  Just love it.  Also, the owner and employees are just the best!  Thanks to Linda, Nancy and Joy for helping us find all of the fabrics we needed!  

Thanks to Karin and Brenda for driving me around yesterday!  Thanks to Linda for having us over for donuts and coffee (and a Jill Rensel framing exhibit) before we left.  Thanks to Teresa, Pat and Kellie for being your sweet selves.   Patti - we missed you!!!!!!!!! 

We even ran into our friend Barb of Sunflower Crossing at the shop!!!!  That was cool!

First up is the lovely new strawberry needle minder from Kelmscott.  I just love their needle minders. 
Kellie loves Elizabeth's Needlework Designs and has stitched a ton of her charts.  This one just called my name!!!  I love it!!!  I am going to pull the colors sometime and then try to antique them up a bit more.  

We are planning a get away in September to Country Sampler in Spring Green, WI.  Last time we went we had a group project.  When we saw this chart by C Street Samplerworks it became the next group project.  Really says it all doesn't it? 

 More charts that I "needed."

I kitted up two projects from the new Just Cross Stitch Halloween magazine which I bought at Inspired Needle.  First was this fabulous project from Notforgotten Farm.  In fact, after this blog entry is finished I am off to start it. 
 Next up is Ghoul Tidings from Plum Street Samplers!!!!!

 I don't usually stitch much for Halloween but these two charts are just too too fabulous not to stitch.  They might start me up on the Halloween bandwagon.

 I love these scissors!!!  Love Art Deco and Art Nouveau style so....in the stash pile they go.

FINALLY!!!!  I have loved Betsy for many years.....finally got the chart from Tomorrow's Heirlooms and now kitted it up at House of Stitches. 
Okay, I am now on the wagon.  I have so many fabulous things to stitch that it is crazy.  I am so lucky to be near so many great shops!!!!!  Please go visit House of Stitches, Tomorrow's Heirlooms and Inspired Needle!!!!!!!!  They are all slices of heaven!!!!!!!

22 comments:

Vickie said...

I have been wondering about you! Great post. Such wonderful stash. Again!

Giovanna said...

Lovely new stash - sounds like a most enjoyable trip :-)

Keeper of the Crowes said...

It was the best time! I'm so grateful to have such fantastic stitching buddies!!!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Fabulous stash! Yes, House of Stitches is a wonderful shop--I need to get over there before the end of the year! My little stitching group is having a getaway at Country Sampler (inspired by your blog post earlier this year), and we are going in September, too! We can't wait!!

Margaret said...

What a great post full of wonderful new stash!!! I want to go on a road trip too. lol! Thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

Wow! We must have similar stitching taste. Those are my favorites from the JCS Halloween magazine. I also have Betsy and want to get her stitched! I love all your stash!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Super blog post, Laura! How fun to take a stitching road trip with stitching friends! Enjoyed seeing your newest stash enhancements!

Robin in Virginia

Deborah said...

You have the best new stash! I am finishing the PPS piece from the magazine and I have to tell you that you will need 2 skeins of the carriage black. I do wish they would tell us this. Sometimes the dye lots are really different.

Teresa S. said...

Country Stitches is on my bucket list of shops to visit. AND I want to stay upstairs too.
Lucky you!

Marilyn said...

You always get great stash! lol
Love all of it.
The PSS piece is also in my "to do soon" pile. lol
Thanks for sharing.
Marilyn

Chris said...

Sounds like a perfect day! So many beautiful new projects!!

Peggy Lee said...

Perfect stash enhancement.
Love those scissors!
Sounds like you had a ton of fun with your stitching friends.
~hugs

Sharon said...

You are very fortunate to live close to those great shops. Love your stash enhancement-great stash. I love those scissors!

Jan Gartlan said...

Lovely stash! The Halloween designs are my favourite. Have fun.

BrendaS said...

Great recap Laura! Had a super fabulous day with everyone:)

Karoline said...

Great new stash, sounds like a lovely day out

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just found your blog.
Lovely stash and beautiful stitching!

woolwoman said...

You are SO lucky to be near great shops - we had a really special treat a couple of weeks ago when Ms Inspired Needle herself paid a visit to our neck of the woods and brought a great trunk show for our shopping pleasure. It was so neat that our EGA chapter had plenty of linen to peruse and charts to pick from and even the canvas workers were happy happy happy with the models and kits Cathy brought. It is my dream to visit Country Sampler one day - I know you will have a great time - Cheers Mel

Adana said...

Lucky you! I live in a bubble when it comes to stash enhancement experience sites. It's not like i need anything new, but i love to look.

Jeanne said...

What a great road trip Laura! I've always heard about House of Stitches for years. I'm going to be in South Bend for 2 weeks in late Sept for work and hoping I get a chance to get to the shop - MapQuest says it's only a half hour from where I'll be. So glad I didn't cave in and pay the big bucks on eBay for "Betsy" now that it's been re-released!

SewAmy said...

I'm so jealous. I need to take a road trip soon and hit some needlework shops.

merumo said...

I got that JCS Halloween special issue and picked the exact same projects as yours. How exciting!!