Saturday, August 11, 2007

Spur of the Moment

At the last minute (after a nice Thai food dinner with Mike), Jane and I rushed off to Cherish, a scrapbook store in Naperville. We had such a fun time, especially because the owner, Diane, took time with us to show us lots of new products and catalogs from the recent CHA show held in Chicago. It was so nice of her to take so much time with us. If you go to the store, and you really should if you can!, ask to see the book she made about her shoes! It is totally great! She also asked our opinions on a couple of stamps lines, and you know I love to give my opinion on stamps!!! One of stamp lines was my all-time fave, B-Line designs! I said to bring all their stamps to the store! ( I could really get into some trouble then!)
CHA stands for Craft and Hobby Association. Twice yearly they have a show and introduce all kinds of new products. It is the time of year when there are new lines of scrapbook paper and stamps, which is so exciting for "new stuff" junkies!
Above is a picture of the products I purchased at Cherish last night. All of the paper you see here is from Anna Griffin! I love her stuff! Check out those rub-ons from her!!! I could not resist the beautiful Christmas stamp from Inkadinkadoo. Just gorgeous!
Love this paper which was found in the "baby/child"section of the store!
This paper will just be so much fun to use with everything! Cut out each individual flower square and add them willy-nilly to projects.

Check out Cherish! You might want to make it a road trip for a day. There are tons of great places to eat and shop all around the store. We will be back too because Diane is going to call us when all the new products start rolling in.......we are anxiously awaiting the Tim Holtz crackle paint among other things!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Christmas paper and stamp!
Again, can't tell you how much I miss you guys and all the wonderful places you go.

beth said...

WOW...so jealous !!!!
Wish I had been there !!!

dogfaeriex5 said...

looks like the mini toot was so much fun!! missing you both..
xoxo~kim

Anonymous said...

Another gem of the northern/western suburbs has been found! I am so diggin the botantical paper! I am also so missing my girlyfriends!

Anonymous said...

Just found you today. What a fun weekend! I'll be back for a visit soon. Love the scrap!!

Nan said...

I love what appears to be flowers?

I've given you an award and you may find it here:

http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.com/
2007/08/nice-matters.html

K said...

Okay, GREAT FINDS!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the stamp.......and you simply MUST let me know when Tim Holtz crackle paint is available..........I have been impatiently waiting for that stuff!! Can you just imagine the possibilities with that stuff???? ENDLESS!!!!!!!!!! MUST GO SHOPPING! Hey, I am going to my first stamp club out here tonight. Wish me luck. I will also be placing my first order from the new SU catalog......choices, choices, choices..........what shall I get first......I only PAGES of a wish list.......I'll keep you posted girlfriend! Have a Happy Tuesday!

Babsarella said...

Oh la la...drooling over all your purchases!! I actually have those rub-ons and I LOVE them!!! Hope you have fun using all your new goodies!!