Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I am wishing everyone a Valentine's Day full of love and happiness!!!
These absolutely darling Valentine postcards are from my Mom's collection of vintage postcards. She and I have been collecting vintage postcards for years now.
I spent the day with my Mom today while she was in the hospital. She woke up with sharp pains last night and went to the ER. She was diagnosed with acute viral pancreatitis and is now "doped up" on some pain meds. She should be better in several days, but I hope to find out what caused this. So, I would appreciate it if you would keep her in your thoughts! Just a few days ago we were sitting around making cards as you can see in the previous post. You just never know what a day will bring. I always say it is my favorite day when it is a "boring" day, no one is sick or in emotional distress.....just your good old boring day - go to work, come home, have dinner, read a book and watch some TV. Those are the days when I truly feel blessed.

Feel free to use these images on any of your projects! They are too cute not to share!

8 comments:

One Crabapple said...

Ah Laura ! your generous spirit in the midst of worrying about your mom ! Thank you , I was thinking as I started the post that you sure have The Best Collections and I would Love to sit all day and go thru your ephemera. Then I hit the pothole in the story about your mom !!! What the heck is pancreatis all about anyway ? I am going to google THAT ! I so hope she gets better soon and that the news is better tomorrow on her. Definitely thinking about you both.

Much Love- S.

Ps - Yay for Boring Days !

Diane Duda said...

Hope that your mom is feeling better today and that she is home and making cards with you again very soon!

I wish you a Happy Valentine's day and many boring days ahead. :)

xo
Di

Unknown said...

I have a vintage Valentine greeting for you too and an award. Come to me blog to collect it! Hope your mom feels BETTER very very soon!

Jeanie said...

Hi, Laura,

Thanks for sharing these lovely images! I collect vintage postcards, too, but am short in the Valentine department!

I'm worried about your mom and hope she is doing better. Good vibes coming your way, along with holiday wishes!

Hugs and roses!

beth said...

Oh Laura...
I hope your Mom is feeling better and with your medical background I hope you can find out what caused this !!!

And you're right...a boring day is a good day...you are brilliant !!

{let her know she is in my thoughts}

One Crabapple said...

feb 14th: Howz your mom?howzyourmom?howzyourmom ???

dogfaeriex5 said...

oh sweet girl~
tell you mom we are sending good wishes for a speedy recovery~tell her there are antique stores waiting for her!!! also sandy, laura has some great ephemera, just the best!!!
xoxox

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing these adorable images !!