Sunday, March 23, 2008

Unveiling Jane's New Stamp Room!!!

Jane has a new stamp room! For those of you who don't know....Jane is one of my very best friends in this entire world. We met in the Archivers parking lot!!!! I think that was meant to be because we are as close as sisters! Neither of us has a sister so that works out well. We also work together in a law office. Jane helped me to get a job there when I left the hospital where I worked. It has turned out to be a great job!

Anyway, back to stamping! Jane decided to turn her spare bedroom into her stamping sanctuary. She and her lovely husband Mike painted the room pink and then added in some key pieces of furniture; most of which I did not photograph! Some photojournalist!! Sheesh. However, above is a great little organizer Jane found on Ebay. Check out all of the visual delights held within it!
Above is a little piece which is perfect for showcasing a few little stamps! When Jane and I spent a day organizing her room we had to go out and get a special new Yankee Candle for the room. This new scent, Velvet Petals, is totally divine. I highly recommend it for people who like a nice floral scent.
Last year Jane and Mike went up to Cederburg, Wisconsin for a festival. I think there were some antiques for sale there too. Mike found this architect's cabinet. It is old and wooden and so cool. It has numerous flat drawers, perfect for storing stamps. Jane has the best stamps in the world. Feast your eyes!!!

This is her special Paris stamp collection.
We found some great big glass jars at Ikea. They look old fashioned. Perfect for storing ribbon!
One of the best parts of making a creative space is placing all of the inspiration. This ballerina and the little gal below came from an antique shop in Southern Illinois. We stopped there on the way down to Red Lead in St. Louis once.

Lastly, the light of a new vintage looking lamp makes the room all warm and inviting!

Jane has already make a brilliant piece of art in her new room which you will see soon....I just have to photograph it. It is really great!

Recently I found this quote on Lesley Riley's blog....it really fits this occasion!!

The object isn't to make art, it's to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable. ~ Robert Henri.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I've been dying to see the room - love it. The bubble gum pink color is great on the walls and that flat drawer cabinet is to die for. Can't wait to see the whole thing in person - hopefully this summer sometime.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the feature page!!! Didn't I make a New Year's Resolution to start a blog? LOL - Isn't already almost April? Typical Jane here... Anyways, thanks for all your help in pulling this together. It wouldn't have been possible without you! Here's to many happy days creating in my happy place! You're the best!!!!

Love, Janie

beth said...

the room is sooooo janie !!!
she must be having a blast being upstairs in her new space !!!

and that quote....FABULOUS !!!
i need to stamp that on my forhead !!!

Trixie said...

What a wonderful post! A great ode to Janie and her friendship, and a delightful pictorial as well! The lighting of the room is just perfect!

Jeanie said...

Well! First, I adore this room and three cheers to Jane who must be a joy! Isn't it fun to have a kindred spirit friend that you can work with and play with and it just feels great? This room is glorious and an inspiration to me (whose room is so cluttered and overly packed; I could use a little Jane-and-Laura influence to improve things!) She's lucky to have a good friend helper, too!

(I need to check out those jars next time I get to Ikea!)

I do so enjoy visiting your blog, Laura! It's lovely!