Monday, June 01, 2009

Mr. Mojo Rising

Let me set the scene for you......Saturday morning. 11 a.m. I have just talked to my Mom and we decided not to get together for a day of cross-stitching in favor of a day of slothing......Phone rings. It is my friend Jane. She tells me that her husband said she could take his new car out for a spin. She asked him if she could take a spin to St. Louis. He said yes. Could I be ready in half an hour to go with? I bolted out of that bed and into the shower. I was ready in lightning speed. Off we went!!!!

Are you familiar with Red Lead? It is like Disney World to us. It is the perfect place of happiness and joy; rubber stamps, beautiful paper, vintage images, inspiring samples, the wonderfully great and welcoming sisters, Chris and Sharon, who own the shop, and a new location!!! They just moved into their new shop in Webster Groves, MO the previous Wednesday. We were dying to have a peak. It is SO WONDERFUL!! Along with all the great products they have decorated their shop with vintage touches everywhere (see lamp in above picture!) Everywhere you look it is a feast for the eyes. Webster Groves is a darling town. The houses are just so cute and there is a relaxed feel to the whole area. We are hoping to go back for a Christmas in July workshop.

We went to a couple of antique malls too. As per usual we found some great ephemera which I will highlight soon and I got a figurine lamp too! Not as great as the one pictured above; but pretty cool all the same.

We had a wonderful quick getaway. Stayed overnight in a nice hotel. Had lovely meals. Met some wonderful gals. Got inspired. Drove a lot (nice car too!). Laughed a lot. Oh, and the title of this post is a tribute to our newfound fascination with the song "L.A. Woman" by The Doors.

8 comments:

beth said...

the red lead bug...once you get that virus, it stays with you a lifetime !

I can't wait to see the new shop...and yes, webster groves is CUTE !

now I'm making myself miss st. louis...dang it !

Kellie said...

That sounds like a fabulous, perfect day! I think spur of the moment trips are the best. :)

Karin said...

What a great weekend you had! Those unexpected trips are the best.

Patti said...

Oh I am so jealous! I really want to visit that shop sometime! It sounds like the recipe for the perfect weekend! Glad you had fun! What else is new?

dogfaeriex5 said...

i am super jealous of you two gals road trip!! but so happy to get a first hand report from you both.. i love you and miss you and hoping that we can see you next week to eat and hopefully go to the antique mall!! xxoxox

Janie said...

Great recap Miss Laura! Let's go back :)

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful time! I'm so glad you and your mom can do that together -- and I bet she is, too! It just makes me smile with joy for you. Sounds like a perfect day! (Tell her hello, and I'm glad she's doing well!)

Relyn Lawson said...

I love that you can be ready for a road trip in a half hour. Love it!