Saturday, August 29, 2009

Last Saturday

Last Saturday was spent with my Mom at the Country Sampler in Spring Green, Wisconsin. We woke up in the morning and had breakfast in our wonderful little second story apartment. The night before we went to the local grocery store and bought supplies. We did not need to go to a restaurant all weekend.
Those are our windows up there. I can't say enough about the perfection of the apartment up there. So much room! Delightful!
This is the door that is right next to the shop. Open it, go upstairs, and you are in heaven!
The inviting front of the store.
My Mom really loved the George Washington quilt pictured below. She wanted to do it in blues instead of browns so we got the whole store working on picking out the right fabrics.
Below is an idea that I have now commissioned my Mom to do. Cut out little pieces of fabric, piece them together and frame them! Fun!
My Mom is holding a bolt of fabric that I picked out. It turns out that this will be the back of the quilt. I think she is making it for my brother; but maybe I can arm wrestle him for it!
We had such a wonderful time; I definitely want to go again and wish we could go at least twice a year and bring lots of friends with!!!!!!

7 comments:

JC said...

I love fabric stores.
I used to sew my own clothes in High School. Made baby blankets for my kids. Costumes later on. Haven't made anything in a while but the old machine is in the closet.

Patti said...

That looks like a place to totally escape into and never come out (except to get more Tab of course)! Wonderful- hope your mom is having fun with her fabric and all! See you Tues.

dogfaeriex5 said...

looks like heaven but where are the pics of the inside of the apartment??? xo

Diana said...

Don't you just love that shop! I took a class there in the apartment so I know how nice it is. You're lucky to have a Mom that is a quilter.

Jeanie said...

I'm just so glad you've had this wonderful time together! Your mom is very cute, too! And young! What a great spot to be!

Carolyn said...

What a fantastic weekend. Nancy looks superb--so healthy! I totally see all of us in the apartment working on our journals. Whee!

K said...

Awe, the fabric stores......what a treat they are! Sounds like you had a blast.