I posted this yesterday on my book blog; but didn't want anyone to miss it. I would love to hear what the best book you read last year was!!
Here is the list of the best books I read in 2012! This year I am going to start with #1 and go forward from there. You can click on the title and it will take you to the Amazon.com page for it.
2. Pure by Julianna Baggott. Another book that has stayed with me. Also, this is part one of a trilogy. Part two just came out. I am going to re-read Pure first and then read part two. I liked this even better than Hunger Games (so that is saying a lot).
3. The Fault in our Stars by John Green. Wow. Another one that has some staying power.
4. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Talk about a page turner!!!!
5. By the Iowa Sea by Joe Blair. Amazing. Could not put it down. Highly recommended.
6. The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving by Jonathan Evison. Totally fabulously wonderful.
7. Home Front by Kristin Hannah. I admit it. I was a snob and thought Kristin Hannah books were subpar. But since two of her books on my end of year best lists I have to admit I was wrong. Very wrong. She writes great characters and stories. Stories you are swept up in and can't wait to get back to.
8. Wild by Cheryl Strayed. Quite a story. Great writing. Very good.
9. Bloom by Kelle Hampton. A beautiful book about a family.
10. American Dervish by Ayad Akhtar. Love this book cover. Great story and writing.
Would love to hear if you have read any of these and what you think of the list!
Hope 2013 is a great reading year for everyone!