Monday, December 30, 2013

Cross-Stitch Christmas Party 2013

Every Christmas season one of my top highlights is our annual stitchers party.  We have so much fun it is unbelievable.  We gathered at Karin's home this December and had a splendid afternoon of noshing, stitching, laughing and present exchanging.  Karin set a gorgeous red and white table for us.  She had homemade soup too!

Here we are passing around Karin's finish of the Lizzie Kate mystery sampler.  I should have stitched this one.  It is Gorgeous!!


 Pat was working on Harriet Coe by WTNT. 


 I love this decorative plate that Karin had up.  She is from Holland you know!


 Here are two of the SB stockings Karin has stitched.

Every year we go absolutely nuts over Karin's tree of stitched ornaments!!!!!  I have declared 2014 Year of the Ornament for me.  I am working on my second one right now and will keep you updated on developments as they occur.  I am really excited about this idea!  The top ornament with the deer was stitched by Patti and the Santa all in red was stitched by me a couple of years ago. 



 I brought some show and tell.  I stitched this completely fabulous NFF chart, Christmastide, and had it finished in a flat fold.  It is stupendously cool!!!

 This is a BBD drum keep.  I put my Grandma's name on it.

 It is not a party unless there is Tab!!!



This is Karin's finish of the Janet Reid sampler (in wools!) by Chessie and Me.  It is so so so gorgeous!

 Here we are 'round the table.  

 Time for presents!!!

 Some fab finishes in Karin's stitching room.

 And back to ogle the tree....





 Time for some stitching.....
 Back to the tree.....
Linda presented each of us with a project bag made by Faye of Carolina Stitcher!!!  We were giddy with happiness!!!!!!  Here we all are with our treasures!!!!

Back Row:  Teresa, Linda, Brenda, Patti, Jenny and Karin.
Front Row:  Pat, Me and Kellie

I am so lucky to hang with these gals.  They really make my life so happy!!!!!!!  Looking forward to more stitching adventures in 2014!!!!!!!

24 comments:

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Thanks for the recap. Gorgeous pictures as usual!!! Love our group.

labfarm22 said...

Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing. I'm on that wagon too for more ornaments this year, very inspiring post.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Thank you so much for sharing the photos of your party and Karin's beautiful home and stitching. So much inspiration!

patti said...

What a wonderful time!! I am so blessed to be a part of this group!!! Great post Laura!

BrendaS said...

Fabulous post Laura! Can't wait to see what 2014 brings us:)))

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

HI YA GIRLS :) I think that is just stupendous that you all had such a great party at Karin who is a fab hostess I have no doubt! Such lovely things from top to bottom! Thank you for sharing such an inspirational and personal post! :)

Barb said...

What a wonderful event!!So many lovely things all finished. The tree was wonderful too! Thanks for sharing

Margaret said...

You ladies are definitely so lucky to have each other. And we out here are so lucky to have you to document and share your fun times with us!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us once again. I loved seeing the festivities, the ladies, the beautiful decorations at Karin's, your stitching show and tell, and everything! Happy 2014 to you all!

Cathy B said...

My favorite group of stitchers! Loved this post.

Chris said...

What a wonderful event. Thank you for sharing all the pics. Such gorgeous stitching and finishing.
Happy New Year!

Vickie said...

How absolutely great! God bless you in the new year!

Bekca said...

What a feast of inspiration! Thank you for sharing your fab pictures. It looks like you all had a wonderful time :)
Best wishes for the New Year!

Julianne said...

Laura,

How I wish I lived close enough to be part of your group! I guess I will just have to be content to be your cyber stitching friend.

Thanks for sharing all the lively pictures of the ladies and their stitching. It's always a treat 😘

Robin in Virginia said...

Fabulous post, Laura! What great photos you shared especially of Karin's tree. Here cheering you on in your quest of an ornament a month for your tree.

Happy New Year!

Robin in Virginia

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Oh such fun you guys have! Love all the pics and the group shot is great. Happy New Year to you and your whole gang! Hugs, Nan

Angela said...

Looks like it was a lovely day. Happy New Year!

Deborah said...

Thanks for sharing. You girls always have the best time!! Have a great New Year!

Debby said...

Thans for the photo's. It looks very cosy and wish i could be there to. It's a bit to far from the Netherlands!

Greetings from Debby

TishaK said...

What a fabulous post! I am so inspired for stitching in 2014!
Thank you.

Giovanna said...

What a fun party! I had to skip my group's this year due to having 'flu, and was very disappointed, because we have just as much fun as you lot. Wonderful stitching! Have a wonderful stitchy 2014 you all.

Ο κόσμος της Ράνιας said...

Είστε μια πολύ όμορφη παρέα και καταπληκτικές οι δημιουργίες σας !!Καλή χρονιά !!! Πολλά χαιρετίσματα από Αθήνα, Ελλάδα !!

Carol said...

I think I need to move to Illinois--what a great stitching group you have!! Loved seeing all of Karin's beautiful stitching and, of course, her ornament tree :)

I'm sure you're all looking forward to many more stitching adventures together in 2014, Laura--wishing you all the best!

Teresa S. said...

Lovely, lovely post! What a merry Christmas you all had!

Melody said...

What a great looking group of stitching friends! Beautiful stitching... oh, the ornaments!...oh, the walls...beautiful!!!!