Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2013 Best Books List

Another year of reading comes to a close.  Books, books, books....How I love them!!!  If I don't read everyday I get crazy.  Here is my list of the 10 best books I read this year!!!!!!! 

I highly recommend all of them.  You can click on the title to be taken to a link about the book.  Please let me know what your favorite reads were in 2013!!!!

1.  And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini




2.  Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple


3.  Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan


4.  Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan




5.  Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld


6.  Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell


7.  The World's Strongest Librarian by Josh Hanagarne


8.  Five Days at Memorial by Sheri Fink


9.  This is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett


10.  Run by Ann Patchett


12 comments:

Margaret said...

So many of these books are on my to-read list. I'd better get busy!!

Krista said...

lots of great suggestions! thanks for sharing!

Stitchinowl said...

I always look forward to your Best Books of the Year list! Crazy Rich Asians and the new Ann Patchett book are on my to-read list. One of the best books I read this year was Defending Jacob by William Landay. I highly recommend it.
Carolyn

Melissa said...

I always enjoy reading your book recommendations. I will search them out. I did enjoy Bernadette!

Chris said...

Great list, many of them are on mine. I just need to find more time to read. Happy New Year!

Joanie said...

Every year I make a copy of your list! I love the books that you recommend.

BTW, the stitch from stash blog is http://epicstitching.blogspot.com/

Carol said...

Gosh, I read a lot, but haven't read a single one of them--need to add them to my list, Laura!

TishaK said...

My favorite read of 2013 was Cooked by Michael Pollan. Strangely enough for me, it was a non-fiction book. I also really enjoyed The Racketeer by John Grisham.

Jeanie said...

I've seen the Hosseini on a lot of lists. They all look good and are dutifully noted for 2014!

Happy New Year!

Sherry said...

Thanks for the lovely list. I've only read Eleanor and Park, and I'm on the waiting list at the library for And the Mountains Echoed. I added a link to your post at my Saturday Review of Books at Semicolon. You can peruse lots more lists there, if you're interested: http://www.semicolonblog.com/?p=21939

Karoline said...

Several of those are on my to-read list, I shall have to move them up to the top.

Happy new year!

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, my. I haven't read a single one. Such riches!