Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Crafting with Mom


Every year in December my Mom and I plan a day together.  Usually we go shopping somewhere quaint.  This past December I planned a day of crafting.  Especially when I saw these amazing kits on Little Pink Studio.   They are made from an old book and included were lots of little vintage trinkets and ephemera. 

I was immediately attracted to the Joan Walsh Anglund image on the little book which Ceri of Little Pink Studio used to make these kits


I also ordered a few other little things like the sheets of Christmas buttons.



This little place card is an example of the darling vintage finds in the kits. 

I used some spare Christmas scrapbooking papers and ribbons to make my first page of the book.  I am planning on adding pages when the urge strikes.  I want to incorporate copies of family Christmas pictures too.  My problem is that my stitching urge is stronger than my stamping/scrapping urge at this time.  

I pulled out my stitching while Mom kept on crafting.






She made some darling cards!!!!!!!!!  What a great day it was!  Thanks Mom!!!













9 comments:

Barb said...

It looks like a great day and I'd say you were both happy and productive!

Margaret said...

What fun! I love Joan Walsh Anglund. So wonderful that you can have a day with your mom to do crafting together. I'm so envious!

Chris said...

What a fun day! Beautiful projects!

Vickie said...

What neat projects. How great to enjoy with your mother. =)

BrendaS said...

Great post Laura! Looks like you made some darling things and had a great day with your Mom:)

valerie said...

How sweet to have a craft day with your mom! I think it's funny that she was on point and you had "stitchers ADD". I have that kind of ADD all the time! Love the cards she made. They are pretty and those kits look like they could be fun.

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

What a special day and the cards are so sweet. I'm have a special craft day with my bf tomorrow. Crazy quilt ditty bags are on the agenda. Wish me luck! :)

mommafoso said...

What a wonderful memory for you both - one you're both sure to always remember because you each have your creations to remind you!

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

What pretty pages and art to be seen! Not to mention a great day of being together crafting! Thanks for sharing! That was delightful to see all the pretty cards and books and stitching done together :)