Sunday, September 21, 2014

Everything Old is New Again

I have been intrigued by my stamp room again!  Which is a good thing because I have so very many stamps and mountains of supplies!  I signed up to take a class using Copic Markers.  So I got out some images to practice with.  The above stamp was lots of fun to color and I think the image is adorable.
 I added some vintage wallpaper as a background to make this into a card.
 Above and below are my first two practice runs.  The class starts tomorrow.  I think I will be learning a lot and I love to watch other people's art process.  

Here is a link to the class in case you want to check it out:  Online Card Classes.  I have taken the classes before and they are Top Notch!!!!  and Fun!

 After some coloring and stamping I went back to one of my favorite styles....combing great patterned paper with vintage images.  I have two tons of vintage ephemera and have been hoarding it for years.  I finally decided just to use it!!!!!  It felt great.  I need to reduce my hoard!!!
Looking forward to trying to balance stamping and stitching.....and reading and napping!!! 

8 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Laura! Love, LOVE your first little print - it reminds me of the Madeline books! Doesn't feel good to be putting all those lovely bits you've saved for years to a good purpose? I'm in the same placie right now and I love it.

Margaret said...

Fantastic! Love all you've done. Everything is so pretty and looks so professional! Have fun with the class!

Robin in Virginia said...

What fabulous cards you have created! Enjoy your class and looking forward to seeing more stamped art.

Robin in Virginia

Vickie said...

Oh my goodness! You do a fabulous job! Love your supplies.

Barb said...

I mainly stitch but do stamping with a dear friend. I love the little vintage pieces you have done.

Bekca said...

Wow, these look gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing more of your stamping adventures :)
Best wishes.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Wonderful turnkey additions for the upcoming celebration.

Your cards are awesome

Jeanie said...

Found the follow button! Yay!