Sunday, November 02, 2014

Stitching and stamping



I have been stitching turkeys lately!!!  I found these two charts and could not wait to stitch either of them.  They are both just super fabulous!!!!

The top chart is from Jenny at Country Rustic Primitives.  I cannot say enough about how great her designs are!!!!!!  Click HERE to go check out her charts.  They are without a doubt impossible to resist!!!





This turkey sampler is from an older chart....but it is so right up my alley.  Love the whole look and the threads for it.  I am hoping to frame it exactly as the chart shows.  

 I have stuck with my card making mojo too.  I am using up vintage images from books and magazines that I have been hoarding for years (and I mean years!) to make cards.  They look so great with patterned paper.


I also reordered some Gamsol.  This is a liquid that you can use with colored pencils to make any image look like an artist did it.  Love!!!!

It sure makes me happy to spend time with my hobbies and the friends I have that love them too!!!  

16 comments:

Karen said...

Love both of your turkeys and your cards. Thanks for the link for the Jenny... can't wait to check these out.

Robin in Virginia said...

Adorable turkey finishes, Laura! Thanks for posting the link to the first turkey. Your cards look great; my favorite is the Birds Nest one.

Robin in Virginia

Vickie said...

Sweet stitching. I really, really like the second turkey.
Wow! You make cards so awesomely!

Margaret said...

Beautiful! Love both turkeys, and the cards are gorgeous!

Barb said...

Wonderful turkey finishes! Plus I just love the vintage look of your cards.

Beth said...

I have both turkey charts too and intend to stitch them this month.

Ranae said...

For some reason, I'm into the turkey thing too.
Pretty cards

Lois said...

What fun turkeys!! Love your cards too!

Katken said...

Great turkeys!! I love that big frame on the second one!! I dabbled in stamps years ago....very addicting! Beautiful vintage cards!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I have to agree, those are some awesome turkeys! Lovely cards too. So much talent!

Stitchinowl said...

Cute turkeys! I am not a stamper, but I do admire your lovely vintage cards. Your glass desktop is awesome...is it from Ikea? I love it!
Carolyn

Cathy said...

Pretty cards! And I just love Thanksgiving stitching!
Cathy
CraftyCat

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

So good to see you post again. Your turkeys are very cute.

Melody said...

I love your turkeys! They are great. Also, what a great idea for using your vintage pictures on cards. I haven't made cards in ages.

woolwoman said...

Love your seasonal stitching ! I have a BFF who does very creative and beautiful card making and paper crafting. She is so talented and I love getting envelopes in the mail from her. I hope people realize how special it is to get a hand crafted paper item. enjoy the season ! Mel

Jeanie said...

Your cards are adorable! Seriously enchanted!