Sunday, June 03, 2007

Perfect Weekend

Here is my first attempt at coloring with Copic markers!! I love them! They are so easy to use and provide such a great look! This is a stamp from a very cute line by My Favorite Things.
Yesterday I went to Jane's house where we stamped all day! Tomorrow I will post the work Jane did. It is a total masterpiece! I am so impressed with it! If I saw it at a store I would buy it! It is a two page spread she did for Marilyn Healey's Alphabetica journal.

Jane and I had a blast stamping, listening to music, and eating hummus! Our new craving!

Above is another of my new cards using the Copic markers. Stamp is by B-Line Design and the plain white card is from Fabriano. (sorry for the crooked scan, but after two attempts I gave up at straightness!)
The rest are cards I made with Jane. That was Saturday. Friday night Mike and I went out for dinner at a great Mexican restaurant! (Kim and Julie...it was the one we all went to when you were here!)
Friday night on the way home I had to stop at the post office to mail something for work. But that is not the perfect part, the perfect part is I got some of the new Star Wars stamps! Very cool, I am.
Today was perfect because the weather was beautiful. I took a long nap. We ate Taco Bell for dinner. We also saw a great movie. Knocked Up is the title. I think the title of the movie is crass, but the movie itself was hilarious!!! and very sweet!!! I highly recommend it.
Now, to cap off a perfect weekend, I am home, getting ready to read my good book, watch some TV with Mike, and go to sleep. And the real capper is that I don't mind going to work tomorrow. It is great to have a job I enjoy going to! It makes Sunday nights more bearable.
The card above is actually from the stamping session I had with Trish a few weeks ago. I thought I was pretty brilliant to use the waste portion of the circle punch on the card. Brainiac!
Okay, this scan is bad, but I love this stamp of Jane's (more B-Line Design). You probably noticed that on all the cards I used the Copic Markers on there are only four colors. That is because the markers are expensive (about $5 each) so I only bought four to start with. I really want to get several more!!!

10 comments:

Jane said...

What a perfect recap!! I had sooo much fun!! I just LOVE all the cards you created! Now I want Copic markers too!!!

Michelle (MilwaukeeMommy) said...

Hi Laura!!! I don't know how much time you spend on SCS anymore, but there are many threads over there regarding the Copics. They are fast becoming popular with stampers (you can see why ~ they're FAB!). My good friend Kathy is the artist for Whipper Snapper stamps, & the Copic QUEEN. She teaches classes on how to use them ~~ you should check out her SCS gallery. Her name is Colorin' Kate ~ you'll be amazed ~ tell her I "sent" you, hehe!!!

Sounds like a great weekend you had!! Those are some great cards, & thank YOU very much for the wonderful comment you posted on my RIW card!!!! Yes, I must have that set!! Hugs!!

Beth said...

WOW....how arty you've been lately !!!! The cards are fabulous....when am I getting one ???? hee hee

I'm so jealous that I wasn't there to have fun with both of you....when are you heading up north to see me and play ???? No invitations needed...you're always welcome !!!!....plus I need to know more about those markers !!!

Diane Duda said...

I love all of these!!! Happiness is my favorite, favorite!
I can't wait to see Knocked Up (I love that guys voice...I only know him as Ken from Freaks and Geeks/or that guy from 40 yov.) Anyway, it looks like a good one to see at the drive-in. Glad to hear it was as funny as it looks.
Happy you had a perfect weekend and hope your week is just as good.

Terri said...

I love the stamps and the markers too! The cards turned out so cute too! Great job!
God bless!
Terri

Sadie Olive said...

Sounds like a great weekend! :)

Trixie said...

I never even heard or Copic markers! You must share your secrets. I see you used the images from my new "create a collage sheet" program. Yippee! We will get together sometime soon as I have more images to boot! Great art, great fun.

Merci-Notes said...

I have never seen stamps like yours! Love your cards!
What copic markers? Are they like a paint brush, do you use them on velum or that clear thin paper?

I see that you love Mexican! I love Taco Bell. All I get is a bean burrito, every time , oh and a soda! I have to stop!
hugs,
Mary

Lotus Reads said...

Oh mi god, what a feast for the eyes, Laura! I love the look of those Copic markets, excellent! You've done some really fabulous work!
I have heard so much about "Knocked Up", the main guy is Canadian so, ofcourse, everyone is talking about him here. Perhaps I'll go see it one of these days.

Nan - said...

Oh, they are all wonderful. They make my eyes happy. How does it work? Do you color with those markers? I'm still waiting for a post that explains this whole stamping world for me. :<) and I loved Knocked Up. Just saw it last night.