Wednesday, November 25, 2009



COMING AND GOING by Norman Rockwell


Thanksgiving travel.
Whether in years past on drives to Grandma's house
or in the college years to my Dad's house
or in the working years to the hospital to work on Thanksgiving
in the now years to Mike's Mom's house, or my Dad's on Bainbridge Island, or my Mom's in South Holland.......

so lucky to be able to get to where there is warmth, food, love, relaxation, and laughter.

Gratitude.

Thankful for all my blog buddies!
I could never imagine the wonderful friends I would make through blogging!

10 comments:

Kellie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Laura! :)

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you. I just love Norman Rockwell.

beth said...

the happiest of thanksgivings to you laura...you are loved !

may the time spent today with family be even more special this year....

Patti said...

Lovely post!! Have a wondeful Thanksgiving at Mike's parents! See you Tues. (with the charts that I will win from your giveaway...lol- right- just some positive visualization!)

Sue said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Laura!

Relyn Lawson said...

When I saw the art you posted I just had to grin. Norman Rockwell always makes me smile. I hope you had the most wonderful of holiday weekends.

Jeanie said...

Hi, Laura -- I'm FINALLY getting back into my blog-visit mode after our weird November! Love this post and the graphics you used! Happy Belated TG and onward to December!

Glenna said...

Belated happy thanksgiving! I was looking through your blog entries--such fun, and such variety--and was especially thrilled to see that Prairie Schooler ship. It seems I remember it from years ago, but haven't seen it lately.

Jon Lee said...

Hi Laura,

It was fun looking through your blog. Thank you for letting me know about it.

Jon Lee

Jon Lee said...

Thank you Laura for your advice on blogs. I created mine this week-end. Please take a look at it. Any advice will be appreciated.

http://www.rosetintedenchantments1.blogspot.com

Thank you. Jon Lee