Sunday, November 15, 2009

I have been very neglectful of my blog of late. The main reason is that we have a new computer. We went from a PC to a Mac. I love this new computer. It is completely amazing and gorgeous, but there is a bit of a learning curve. So, I have been acclimating myself and moving slowly.

Last Sunday my Mom and I went up to Woodstock, Illinois to hang out with our friend Dorothy and her brother John. Dorothy sent me pictures of the day in a program that I cannot download right now. We had a wonderful day though. John is a bookmaker, among other things, and it was a treat to look at his artwork. We all brought things to work on, we laughed a lot, and Dorothy made some wonderful pumpkin soup for lunch.

Today, Sunday, is going to be devoted to the usual (reading, napping, and thinking about cross-stitching and/or organizing. I will try to get into the blogging habit again because I love all of the wonderful friends and ideas it brings into my life.

7 comments:

beth said...

isn't having a mac a wonderful thing ?
I love mine sometimes more than I love my husband...well, maybe that's a bit too far, but shhhh.......

anyhow...did you sign up for the one to one classes ? they are the BEST !!!

Karin said...

sounds like a perfect day to me. I have a Mac Notebook and I love it too. See you Tuesday??

donna g said...

We've always had PCs but a year ago we bought a Mac so I could use it for my pictures and such. Well, I never got brave enough to make the switch so he's using it (mainly to surf and check email). But I promise I'm going to get gutsy one of these days.

Pumpkin soup???? Yum!

Relyn Lawson said...

Sounds like a terrific day. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Kellie said...

Love my mac!!! I will never ever go back to a PC for my personal use. Still have PCs at work, but hoping they will someday convert.

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! :)

Patti said...

Hi! Glad you had a great weekend and are enjoying your Mac. I don't have one so I am clueless about what the differences are. Hope you had a great day and thanks again for all the support last night.

Jeanie said...

Glad you're blogging agsin because I've missed you!