Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas!

 Christmas is almost here!  I would like to be like the little girl above and go caroling amongst the falling snow in a perfect Christmas outfit!  I would sing my favorite carol which is Joy to the World!  There are so many truly wonderful Christmas songs....what a beautiful time of year this is.  

Of course, every year, I am never ready!  I have great visions of the perfect decorations, perfect gifts and spending lots of time with loved ones.  Not all of it gets done; but what does get done is very special. 
 A true highlight of my Christmas season was getting together with my stitching friends!  Here we are at Karin's beautiful home.  We spent time gifting each other with wonderful presents, stitching, eating and just generally basking in the glow of being together.
Several of us did an ornament exchange.  Here are the treasures that were exchanged!


Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!!!!!

13 comments:

Nancy said...

Smiles all around and the ornaments are gorgeous!!

Merry Merry!

Barb said...

All the ornaments are so pretty! Merry Christmas!

Cathy B said...

Merry Christmas to my Illinois stitching friends!

Margaret said...

You all are so lucky to have each other, and to have a great LNS too. I loved seeing the pic of all of you at your get together. Have a wonderful Christmas!!! And thanks for all your lovely posts through the year, both here and on the Smalls blog.

Keeper of the Crowes said...

How lucky we all are!!!
Wishing you the merriest of Christmases, Laura!
Linda

Siobhán said...

What a lovely bunch of talented ladies! :) It looks like you guys had a fun celebration! I know how you feel about never getting everything done, but like you, I'm trying to enjoy the moment. I loved seeing the photo of your ornaments, too. Any idea on the designer of the samplerish one that says Dec 25?

Wishing you and yours a very blessed Christmas!

Vickie said...

A Blessed, Merry Christmas to you!

Nicola said...

May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through

Stitchinowl said...

Merry Christmas Laura! Wishing you the best of all good things at Christmastime and in the New Year. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful stitching group to get together with!
Carolyn

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I hope you had a very merry Christmas, Laura. What a fun gathering. Hugs!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

OH I WISH I LIVED CLOSER!!!!

Relyn Lawson said...

Hi, friend, Happy, happy new year!! I am off to your book blog to see if you've posted your best reads yet. Take care, my friend.

Jeanie said...

Hadn't visited for a bit so I thought I'd check in. Happy New Year!