Sunday, December 02, 2012

Well, I'll Be......





Phew.....I thought it was curtains for me and my blogging days.  I received that message yesterday about not being able to upload more photos and put out the SOS to you all.  Thanks for all of the comments and help!!!!!  

I sat down tonight and was determined to figure it out...I spent the last 30 minutes on Photobucket and that was fun.  I barely scratched the surface of that.  Then I came back to the blog and tried to upload pictures like I normally do because I still could not figure out how to do it with Photobucket and lo and behold....they uploaded just like usual.  I don't know if this is a temporary reprieve or what...but I will take it.  

I wanted to show you that over the last few weeks I have been drawn back to making cards and stamping.  I saw this new paper collection by October Afternoon - Make it Merry and I just had to have it!!!  Above is a card I made using different papers from the collection.  I put it in the mail to my Mom.  She is always my #1 fan so I knew she would love it.   







Above is the first card I made.  I was just fooling around with stamps, etc. and this one came together with a collage sheet I had been hoarding for about 4 years.  It is from Red Lead in St. Louis.  I sent this one to my friend Dorothy because we have an inside joke about Ellen Clapsaddle.  She is the artist of the image on this card.





At one point I had been making Christmas tags using family pictures.  I ran across this one which has a picture of my cousin Bobby and me with my brother Todd in a doll carriage.  This just melts my heart!
Here is my secret craft for this year.  I purchased some vintage Christmas Seals from Ebay and I am turning them into gift tags.  Fun, Fun, Fun.  Here are some tags in their first stage.  They need some stamping and some "ribboning,"  but they are going to be great fun to make.  This new little task has even turned into a Stamping Up order for the first time in years.  I needed more red cardstock and that also turned into getting a new table top paper cutter.  UPS should deliver all of that on Wednesday and I will be back in business.

As I was driving today thinking about the fact that I no longer could easily add pictures to my blog I seriously thought about packing it in.....but then I got home, started listening to music, and reading other blogs....I was overwhelmed by all the love, friendships and joy blogging has brought to me.   I will have to work through this technical glitch.  

Happy December everyone!!!!

11 comments:

Cathy B said...

Same thing happened to me with blogger...it's a mystery for sure!

Your cards and tags look very festive!

Margaret said...

I wonder if blogger has just become cheap and has decided it wants everyone to pay for their services. Seems everyone is getting this message. I wonder if I'll get it tomorrow. Sigh. Love all your scrapbooking cards and tags! So much fun!

Giovanna said...

Well I'd certainly miss your blog if you had to pack in - I sure hope you find an easy solution :-)

Siobhán said...

Noooooooooooooooooo! You can't pack it in! I am sure there is an easy solution... we just need to wait for people to figure out what it is so that we can then do it ourselves. LOL

Love your cards! October Afternoon does fabric as well and they always have great collections.

Deborah said...

Glad that you still here. We would miss you. The paper crafts are beautiful.

Vickie said...

Glad you are still here! =)
Read around the blogs. There are a handful of suggestions.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Smack your face....packing it in? Laura...NOOOOOOOO!!!

Now then, take a deep breath and a swig of Tab and it will be fine :)

Love your sweet little picture of you and your brother and cousin at Christmas. How sweet?! And those darling tags....too cute!

BrendaS said...

Oh Laura, you can't pack it in! We;ll figure something out:))

LOVE your cards -- great designs and I love the idea of using family pictures! So many wonderful memories.

See you soon! Less than two weeks:)))

woolwoman said...

I have a good friend (no blog) who does exquisite card making and paper crafting (not scrapbooking) - I am setting up an album for all the wonderful things she has made me over the years. I'm sure it is something you could become addicted to but I sure don't need another addiction LOL ! wonder what's up with the blogger photo posting problem - egads - I would be scared about that too. hope you are enjoying the season - mel

Nicola said...

Please don't give up. I too have had the same problem.

Karoline said...

Your cards are lovely

I can't help with your photo problem as I host all my photos in my flikr account rather than with blogger.