Alexander McCall Smith
Chitra Bannerjee Divakaruni
Esme Raj Codell
Each of these authors is totally passionate about their work, and besides that they are so extremely nice and friendly!!!
AND NOW FOR MY BEST FICTION LIST! Mike said my memoir list was too long, but I could not leave out any of those books......same here.......and as always, I would love to hear what you think.
1. Plainsong by Kent Haruf
2. Interpreter of Maladies Jhumpa Lahri
3. Every book by Elizabeth Berg (start with Talk Before Sleep)
4. The Kitchen God's Wife by Amy Tan
5. Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts
6. Cavedweller by Dorothy Allison
7. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
8. The Posoinwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
9. The Republic of Love by Carol Shields
10. The #1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
11. Julie and Romeo by Jeanne Ray
12. Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi
13. Pay It Forward by Catherine Ryan Hyde
14. My Year of Meats by Ruth Ozecki
15. A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
16. Patchwork Planet by Anne Tyler
17. A Mother and Two Daughters by Gail Godwin
18. The Giant's House by Elizabeth McCracken
19. House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus III
20. I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb
21. The Rich Part of Life by Jim Kokoris
22. We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates
23. Patty Jane's House of Curl by Lorna Landvik
24. Caramelo by Sandra Cisneros
25. Standing in the Rainbow by Fannie Flagg
26. Sister of My Heart by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
27. The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
and, the BEST BOOK I EVER READ......................
A FINE BALANCE by ROHINTON MISTRY!!!!!
I know there are tons more great novels I have read, so when I come across another one I will let you know. Also, at the end of December, as I do every year, I will compile the best books I have read this year.
Hope you find something on this list that you really come to love!