Monday, July 17, 2006

A is for Auto Trip

This is my entry for Barbara's Alphabetical journal! I had such a fun time with this journal, and what a gorgeous journal it is! Barbara's attention to detail is phenomenonal. Everything is just amazing in this journal. See her cover below....it is a work of art in and of itself!!!! Everything that I used on my page came together in the past couple of months....the picture of the two girls is from my friend Jane's collection. The postcard was found on an antique hunt with my Mom and Jane. The map and travel instructions are from a day of antiquing with Trish and Bert, and the classic "Are We There Yet?" question is a rub-on (my new found love!) I am happy with the way it came out which is good, because tonight I was up in my newly cleaned stamp room and could not get anything to come out right!!! I need some inspiration! I am sure when I receive Audrey's journal next that inspiration will hit!

Mike and I had a fun weekend...it is so hot around here that we mainly remained in the air conditioned house, but we ventured out on Saturday to see a movie. We saw "Wordplay" which is a documentary about people who love to do crossword puzzles. I am not a puzzle person, but I love to see stuff about people who are passionate about their hobbies so I enjoyed it. Friday night I watched two movies on DVD, Melinda and Melinda (a Woody Allen movie which was totally great) and Bride and Prejudice (another great movie, a Bollywood version of Pride and Prejudice). I recommend all three movies.

I talked to my cousin Bill on the phone this weekend. He regaled me with stories of his dog Pee Wee, and these stories always crack me up. Think crotchety dog with deeply ingrained bathroom habits! Hilarious!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura...you are always so funny and sweet :0) Lovely spread for Barbara's journal and those girls are such cuties. And aren't rub-ons so fun and addicting :0)

Anonymous said...

What a great page! I haven't quite gotten the knack of rub-ons -- but I keep buying them in the hopes that one day I will prevail! I love what you did with this theme, and I think that Barbara is going to love it too!

beth said...

I love your page....the colors are great !!!!
I'm thrilled to get to see it in person in a few days.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Fab! Wonderful page and once again a wonderful post. Miss you much.

Anonymous said...

This is so great Laura! Love it. It really captures the essence of the olden days and the road trips and those girls, aren't they cute!? You did a super fantastic job (as usual) but the colors and coordination are perfecto!!!

Anonymous said...

Laura, Your page is wonderful. I love the colors and the vintage feel. There is nothing better than a road trip, is there? Sue

Babsarella said...

This page looks AMAZING!!! I love the adorable photo and all the other lovely ephemera you used!!! Can't wait to see it IRL!!!

carlene federer said...

Cool entry Laura-love all the ephemera you used!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry! I, too, love the little bits of ephemera...especially that bit of map!! Wonderful! Can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

How fun--you did great!!!

(LOL on the word crotchety---we use that word, too)