Saturday, July 29, 2006

Saturday Night Duet

We are spending the evening here listening to music......The Replacements, The Meat Purveyors, Raul Malo, Uncle Tupelo, and Todd Rundgren, you can't accuse of total mainstream tastes, although I still love Elvis Costello, The Ramones, Doris Day, Dean Martin, and Lorreta Lynn. Yes, it is a quite a mix of tunage around these parts!

It is too hot around here to go anywhere! My friend Karen came over to check out my stamp room today. It was great fun to show her the wonder of watercolor crayons and chalks as coloring tools. I rediscovered their joys myself! It is so much fun to see someone else become nuts about stamping!

Spent the rest of the day and evening with Mike just lounging about. I am still reading The Liar's Club by Mary Karr and it is very good. She is an amazing writer.

Lastly, my current mission in life is having some friends over next Saturday for a stamping open house!! It will be lots of fun. My only problem is getting off the computer right now so that I could go clean the house in anticipation of all this fun. I am a major proctrastinator....... anyway, we are going to have music, stamping, lunch, challenges, and prizes!! Woohoo! If anyone reading this is going to be in the Chicago area next Saturday and wants to come, please do let me know!!

1 comment:

One Crabapple said...

I love this family photo

Will have to check out the Liar's Club !

Love the Replacements, Elvis C., Ramones Rule, Loretta Lynn too.

Really enjoying all the book tips.

how about this Stamping Open House anyway...whatcha serving and how it it all going to be ? Boy ! I wish I was closer !

Check you out anyway , MIss Stamping Room !

No wonder you bust out such great stuff.

LOve, S.