Monday, May 07, 2007

Stamping at Camp Trixie - co-starring Bella The Wonder Cat

Here is the output of cards that Trish and I did this weekend at her house. She has a perfectly organized, clean, and lovely stamp room! It is De-Luxe!!! We had a great time, as we always do when we are together.

Trish and I met in 1985 when we both worked in the psychiatric unit of the local hospital. She worked with the teenagers (I don't know how she did it!) and I worked with adults and did screenings in the ER. We had lots of fun then because most of the time we worked together we worked the 3-11 shift and there was lots of going out after working and dancing!!! Oh, and a few cocktails too, I cannot lie. Anyway, we have been friends for a long time, and I am so thankful for her friendship! Trish is the definition of a true friend! She is funny, easy to hang around with, generous, and a real caretaker!
Here is a close-up of some of our cards.
Trish has a really cool collection of religious icons.
Neither of us is Catholic, but after the Pope died we were on our way up to Wisconsin for some stamping related hoo-ha, and we stopped at a Walgreen's where they were selling these commemorative Pope John Paul candles. We felt we should get one.
Trish got a new computer that has a special software program that makes producing collage sheets from our vintage photos a snap!!! I hope we can turn this into a little business someday cause we have some totally cool pictures people! (Note the Starburst addiction making its way into this picture!)
Here I am madly at work on something!
Trish Challenge: We each had to make a card with this beautiful girl image. Trish's card is on the left and mine is on the right.
Here are some of the cool stamps Trish has!!!! Inspiration!
Here is Miss Trish standing at her new stamping station! Very cool piece of furniture!
One time when we were antiquing we came across this very weathered piece of cabinetry. Perfect for showing off stamps! Trish had her wonderful husband Dave go back with his truck and she got it for her birthday!
Here is Trish's cat, Bella! She is a super sweet and loving young miss! I just love her!!! Such a great cat she is!
Here is the view from the stamping room! Trish lives "out in the country" and her house is on a large lot with tons of trees!! It is so peaceful! Those bushes are peonies! One of my favorite flowers! They should be blooming in a few weeks.

We had a wonderful time!!!!! Wish all of you could have joined us!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a smash up delux job with the photos! I like Bella's "I need a retake!" pose. I had a delightful time with you as well. We make beautiful art together!

Diane Duda said...

You always create such wonderful things when you get together with your friends. Thanks for sharing.
I never like to spend money on stamps, but I never thought of how pretty they could be when put on display. Seems like a good deal when you take that into consideration!
I'm patiently waiting for my peonies to bloom, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! It looks like you gals had so much fun and your cards are ... well, they are absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing the photos!

dogfaeriex5 said...

oh, how i wish i could had joined 2 of my favorite dws for some fun..i love you both so much and miss you terribly!!
xoxo~kim

beth said...

??? What's missing from the picture where Trixie is standing and looking so lonely ????

ANSWER.....the rest of the DW group !!!! Oh how I wish I could have been there !!!!!

Mary said...

How great that you can enjoy such a marvelous time with a dear friend, doing things you love and in such a beautiful surroundings - her garden is lovely.
My peonies are blooming - it's the perfect weekend because my late Mum was known for her amazing peonies so when I look at mine I think of her.
Happy Day!

Lotus Reads said...

Wow,wow, you guys put together some amazing cards, Laura! Always meant to ask you what you do with your finished cards, do you use them all or do you display some of them in a folder, or...? Being the non-stamper that I am I have always wondered!

I love Trish's collection of religious icons...I am a collector of Catholic and other religious folk art myself!