Sunday, November 28, 2010

Puttering

We put the tree up today and I am slowly decorating. Above and below are two things I stitched years ago. My Mom finished them for me. I love the blue Santa!!! Prairie Schooler on top and Cricket Collection pattern on the bottom.

Okay, here are some of my works in progress!!! Above, is Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow. Last year I started this on 36 count and got very frustrated. Finally, last Friday I got the 32 count fabric and I can tell I am going to love working on this huge project! I started again last night.
Christmas Eve by Prairie Schooler. So cute! My friend Pat did a thread and linen conversion for me!
Deck the Halls by The Sunflower Seed. I love this! Started it on Friday, but it got interrupted by CHRH.
Miss Mary's Pin Keep by Primitive Needleworks. I am envisioning this in a basket of smalls (which does not exist yet).
Liberty Belles by Little House Needleworks.
Sugar Plum Fairy by Little House Needworks.
I got out some of my Christmas decorating treasures.....wanted to show my Dutch friend, Karin, my small little wooden shoes!

Above is a dear little wooden ornament that my Mom got for me a long time ago.
I found a very cute tart warmer buried in a box. It makes everything so homey to have candles burning; especially on a Sunday afternoon of hibernation in the house.
My Mom got me this little votive holder from Yankee Candle. I can't find my votives anywhere though.....may have to make a trek to Yankee Candle. I love that store!
Lastly, I came across this darling little angel. She is hanging on the tree now. I am doing my decorating slowly over this week. Have to have stitching time or I will go insane!

14 comments:

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

I love looking at all your treasures! The stitching ones at the top are so cute!

Glad you are in the Christmas spirit. I love the Dutch shoes. We have a pair here at the house my hubbie wore when he was about 8 years old to festivals in South Holland, Illinois. ;)

Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest

Margaret said...

I love all your stitching!!! Nice WIPs! It's fun to putter around at Christmas time, isn't it? (I know Karin! I do! What fun!)

Anonymous said...

I love your decorations! It's so much fun when you can share your "treasures" with others. It really has gotten me in the mood to decorate! I'm so happy you got to share your projects for a change on the blog. You usually are showing off all our stuff!! Love everything you're doing!
Linda C.

Katrina said...

Thanks for sharing! Loved seeing all your treasures ;-).

Karin said...

Laura!!! I love your Dutch wooden shoes!!!!! Well done on all your starts and progress.

See you Saturday!

Dutch Karin :-)

BrendaS said...

Love your ornament finishes! I too like the blue santa.

Great choices for your WIP's. I especially like the PS done on the blue fabrice. Very nice.

Thanks for sharing

pj said...

Wow, you have started quite a few WIPs....your bag will look like Barb's soon! :) I know she has lots of starts in her stitching bag! Isn't it fun and so many options! Love your choices. pam in iowa

donna said...

Love the Santa with moon and stars - so lovely!

Jeanie said...

I love seeing the things people put on their Christmas tree -- and how wonderful to have your stitches there, too! Lucky you have a mom who looks to be a GREAT finisher!

Carol said...

Love your blue PS Santa, Laura! And I'll be thinking of you as you stitch Christmas at HRH...I'm doing my best to finish mine by the end of 2010... At this point it is looking doubtful :(

Sally said...

Wow you have some fantastic projecst on the go and I love your ornaments!

Anonymous said...

I luv the blue santa toooo

madyjojjef said...

Hy Maude, how you doing?
That's sound good you preparing for Christmas.
do you know? Christmas Eve is the day that is before Christmas that is on 24th of December.
Things are always beautiful if you love them its quit old slogan i heard it when i was in school.
Beautiful art

Siobhán said...

Ooooh! I loved seeing your decorations and your stitching projects! Your start on CaHRH is gorgeous. One of the ladies at my LNS (in Pennsylvania) stitched the top 9 blocks on CaHRH on a tan 32 ct linen with DMC and it looked GORGEOUS. I saw Kathy's original model and couldn't tell the difference in the two different threads/fabric size & fabric. It's going to be a gorgeous finish for you!

Love those PS stitches, too!