Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

I Ate Too Much Turkey

by Jack Prelutsky

I ate too much turkey,
I ate too much corn,
I ate too much pudding and pie,
I'm stuffed up with muffins
and much too much stuffin',
I'm probably going to die.

I piled up my plate
and I ate and I ate,
but I wish I had known when to stop,
for I'm so crammed with yams,
sauces, gravies, and jams
that my buttons are starting to pop.

I'm full of tomatoes
and french fried potatoes,
my stomach is swollen and sore,
but there's still some dessert,
so I guess it won't hurt
if I eat just a little bit more.





The images that you see here are from my beloved postcard collection. My Mom and I used to go to postcard show after postcard show and find such amazing vintage images. I really miss attending those shows!!! Please feel free to use any of the images in your artwork.

I am wishing everyone a very lovely Thanksgiving. I hope you are surrounded by beloved family and friends! Oh, and lots of good food!!!!

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Love the poem and the postcards! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Don't stuff yourself! lol!

beth said...

and i hope the same for you....xo

Patti said...

Love the poem- we read it at school- HUGE fan of Jack Prelutsky! Your postcard collection is very cool- Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with ALL of the trimmings!!! Enjoy~~~

CathyR said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, my friend! Eat, relax and then get ready for Black Friday stitching!

Cathy

Joanie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Have a great day and enjoy the festivities!

Nan said...

A perfect, perfect post, Laura!! I adore those postcards.

Jeanie said...

GREAT poem! And wonderful illustrations Thanks for the downloads -- all my TG cards except one are turkeys. Animals, not bad cards. And it will be fun to have some people in there, too! Hope your holiday was as lovely as ours!