Monday, September 15, 2008

Book Fairy

Books open countless doors through which our thoughts can roam away.

The Book Fairy has been with me for the last four books I have read. Each of them was a riveting read that I could not put down! Some are sure to be on my Top 10 Books of the Year list.

I realize that my #1 passion in life, besides my family and friends, is reading. I cannot do without it. If I don't read for part of day I feel really put out. I have to read for at least an hour a day. Really, if left to my own devices, I don't even think I would watch television.

The last four books I have read and which I highly recommend are:

Kabul Beauty School
The Year of Fog
The Man of my Dreams
The View from Mount Joy

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

This is a fabulous graphic. I'm not familiar with any of these titles, but will take your recommendation -- you didn't let me down with Friday Night Knitting Club!

Beth Leintz said...

Wow- I didn't know that Lorna Landvik had another book out- I've loved her ever since Patty Jeans House of Curl. I'm headed to my library's website to put your recommendations on reserve.

Betzie said...

I need a good good book to read...haven't read one for a long time...other than craft and art magazines!!! Thanks for the recommendations! Will be going to B&N tomorrow. :)

beth said...

I can't wait for your whole YEARS list so I can print it and hang it on my bulletin board as inspiration !!!

Relyn Lawson said...

I have Kabul Beauty School on my library books shelf right now. I'll have to read it next.