Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rainy Weekend

It has rained here for the past three days. I love rainy days, but even I think this is getting ridiculous. We have been laying low here at Duet Abode.........
Which has given me time to obsess over the latest offering from the genius minds of Basic Grey. Here you see some examples of their newest line, their Christmas line, called Wassail. That name is so clever! The papers are certainly completely drool-worthy!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on them.....I don't think they will be available until October though. To see the complete line go to the Basic Grey website. You will have a fun time browsing.
Tomorrow I will not be going to work. It is the start of our bathroom remodel. I am staying home with the cats for the first day to make sure they are okay. Mike and I decided that while the workmen are here during the day we will put the cats in our bedroom with their food, etc. Of course, this gives me the excuse to hang out in the bedroom all day tomorrow (kind of like what I have been doing all weekend!). I checked out the movie below, The Other Boleyn Girl, and hope to watch that. I read the book and it was a fun read.
I hope to be somewhat constructive tomorrow since this weekend has been all about the reading and sleeping. I think I will have to make a pact with myself on Sundays. I need to get up, shower, do some housework, and then I can get on the computer and read books, etc. If I don't start out with something constructive I just waste the day away which is lots of fun; but not so great for everything else. Have a good week People!!!

4 comments:

Trixie said...

Your lazy Sunday's have been ritual! Hate to see any custom go to the way side! HOWEVER, you can always do the "6 most important things" list. You write it out the night before..Once you get those hammered out on Sunday, your free to read and sleep and do whatever! Nice to see you again!!

Patti said...

I love your blog- it is very inspiring. What a cozy sounding day! Good for you! Did you watch the Other Boleyn Girl? I read the book and saw the movie and enjoyed them both. I love the other books by that author as well. Kabul School of Beauty is on my list of must reads- glad you liked it! Have a good week.

Jeanie said...

Oh, yes, can I relate to the rain... three relentless days, seven inches. A sump pump that doesn't stop (which is a good thing). How's the remodeling going and did the cats make it? Beautiful papers and good books!

K said...

Just stopping by to say HI! Thank you for all the wonderful comments on my blog. I really appreciate that. Sounds like all is well in your world. Good luck with the remodel. How are the cats handling it so far?