Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday Night

I am just really enjoying my newfound love of cross-stitch thanks to the Let's Stitch blog. This week's challenge is to pull out an old project that was not finished and to at least stitch a bit on it. I went through my cross-stitch stash, which is about 500 times less than my stamping stash, (read need more!!!!), and found this Santa. I am not sure if I still like him; but he is almost done and I guess he is pretty cute. Once I am done I will ask my Mom to make him into a Christmas ornament. She is able to back the piece with fabric, stuff it and get it ready to hang on a tree.
Here is what he will look like when he is all done.
The highlight of my week was seeing the musical, Mama Mia, at the Auditorium Theater in Chicago. It was a ton of fun. My boss gave Jane and I tickets for ourselves and a guest. That was so thoughtful of her! I brought along my friend Lorie and we had a blast, especially critiquing everyone's outfit as they came into the theater. My friend Trish has seen this musical and gave me a copy of the soundtrack so I am sure I will be listenging to that this week. My favorite ABBA song is Waterloo. What is your favorite ABBA song?

12 comments:

dogfaeriex5 said...

OMG!!!
my fav abba is SOS......
at valley ridge we played the crap out of abba's greatest hits during the free worktimes at night......abba rocks!!
xoxox

beth said...

you and your stiching....and your abba !!!

you are one happy camper !!!

eilandkind/islandchild said...

Fernando, of course! :D

Toni said...

How does a girl possibly choose a favorite ABBA song, I ask you?!! but ok, it's Fernando, today anyway! Meanwhile, I need you to write to me on my email so I can ask you a question, pretty please ... antoniafufu@yahoo.com

Jeanie said...

I love Abba! I was so into it, that when an ABBA special came to PBS, I pushed them to air it on our station for pledge. It totally tanked and I haven't lived it down, but I still loved it! I've seen Mamma Mia twice and loved it both times -- a friend is going to it this week here; wonder if it's the same company?

Congrats on your UFO work -- the Santa is really cute!

Patti said...

H! Love the Santa! I remember one of the worst parts of cross was finishing the project and actually doing something with it.

Mama Mia!!! Loved it...saw it about 6 years ago at the Cadalliac Palace in Chicago and loved it! I saw the movie this summer and now I want to go to Greece. My "favorite" Abba is The Name of the Game, Mama Mia, and Dancing Queen. How can you choose just one? Have a good day!
Patti

Nicola said...

That Santa is gorgeous! A little while ago I bought the 1994 Santa with sunflowers as they are one of my favourite flowers, so cheerful. Your's will look great when it's finished.

Many thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. I'm always amazed that people find it so interesting.

Nan said...

You know how to live, Laura! Your joy in everything you do is just terrific.

Anonymous said...

SOS is ONE of my favorite ABBA faves. I remember my mom playing her ABBA 8 track album (oh yeah) and she and me and my brother would just sing along at our loudest. Good times indeed! (And I do love that Santa! That vintage look is my fave Santa style of all.)

Michelle said...

OMG, am I jealous!!! I *heart* ABBA & want to see Mamma Mia so badly!! I love ALL their songs ~~ I still have my albums & I will never ever get rid of them!! Fond memories of roller skating & make out parties, lol!!!

I used to cross stitch ~~ haven't touched it in years ~~ I can only handle one hobby at a time, lol!

Relyn Lawson said...

Have fun!! Oh, I know you will. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Trixie said...

I actually got the CD at the Cadillac Theater in Chicago when mom and I went to go see a production and it was cancelled due to the theater flooding. They gave us the CD and tickets to go to the theater up the street. I never did see the show, but I am so glad you did and loved it so! Your cross stitch Santa is the bomb! It will look heavenly on your tree come December!