Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Chapter One: In Which I Drink a Pumpkin Spiced Latte for the First Time in My Life or any kind of latte for that matter

This is the page that my friend Trish did for Lynette's Alphabetica journal. I am stunned by its beauty!!!! Isn't it wonderful? She is doing such lovely work these days!!

Scene: Starbucks in Downers Grove, Illinois
Setting: 4 p.m. on a Tuesday in September
Characters: Jane and Laura

Laura: Okay, my friend Bert made me take a sip of her Pumpkin Spice Latte last Saturday. You know, I never drink coffee and have never ordered a drink at Starbucks, but darn that Pumpkin Spice Latte has stayed on my mind. I really want one.

Jane: You know Laura, I have been trying to get you to drink one of these for a couple of weeks and you wouldn't try it for me.

Laura: Yes, I know, but Bert made me do it. She totally made me try it. And, boy am I glad she did.

Jane: You are turning into a total yuppie.

Laura: Well, if only I had the wardrobe and car to go along with that perception, which I don't. But I really like holding this Venti sized cup in my hand with this little cardboard thing around the cup. I feel very grown up. Wait till I tell my Mom and brother! They might have competition for those Starbucks gift certificates I give them every year for Christmas.

Jane: Okay, are you ready to go to Archivers?

Laura: Yes, let's speed off in your convertible with the top down while holding our Starbucks high in the air in a celebratory manner on this glorious September day!

AND SCENE........

10 comments:

beth said...

ohhh....if only I had been there to sip with you guys...DANG !!!!

And Miss Trish....Yowza on the artwork. FABULOUS !!!!

Anonymous said...

Ya know Laura it was like a scene from a movie, perhaps Legally Blonde today at Starbuck's - hi ya Barbie - want a ride - jump in! If you know the song "Barbie Girl" you'd be chuckling now - Yes, I own it if you need to hear it but it reminds me of being a sassy little convertible driving, Starbuck's sippin' Yupster! HEE HEE

createacraft said...

oooh that is lovely..and the wish as well blooms..
was the picture of the lady was put first and the surrounding over it ..?? I thought so..
and I am a coffe-maniac..drinking all the time I am awake.. but never tried the pumpkin spice.. I order nut flavors always.. should go to starbucks..
you know my son thinks the same.. the persons who use and wear expensive fashion trade marks are called TIKI among the teen agers.. and my son says..this is a TIKIs place.. I won't go..enjoy your day..

dogfaeriex5 said...

one $5starbucks card is on its way to you, my friend! you have moved up a rung on the ladder of life..
xox~kim

ps..i am so happy in my heart that you picked my atc card at the quilt show!

Anonymous said...

Oh My I luv the colors. I can't wait. to see it in real life.

I ve gotta try the Pumpking Spice Latte and slide my moon roof back on my Blazer and hold my cup high toasting to the both of you.LOL

Lynette

Babsarella said...

Oh what a fun day, and lovin the great collage!!! BEA-U-TI-FUL colors!!!! Laura, you are welcome to post any of my stuff on your site...no problemo. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...VENTI is the ONLY way to go (I order a VENTI Carmel Macchiato with whipped cream as my Starbucks drink of choice).

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting my piece of floral mania! I bet it looks quite busy after a large Starbucks coffee! Sorry I missed the fun, but I am sure you and the Fire Chief scored at Archiver's! Sounds like the perfect day to me.

One Crabapple said...

Feel very grown up ! yes ! that must be why we do it ! laughing !!

Just wait ... in a couple of months they come out with the Egg Nog Latte....ohhh this is so good Laura Girl.

HOld that car I am coming with !

And Trish - your Alphabetica Piece is really really pretty.

MarilynH said...

he he he--you funny!!! Okay, that latte sounds very yummy to me! Oh, and we are getting an ARCHIVERS here in Utah!!!!!

Tell Tricia that her page is most gorgeous!! so pretty!

Holly Loves Art said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I LOVE your blog and will definitely be back. Such pretty things to look at. I see that you're a Capricorn too!

And thank you for your sweet comment on my blog about the opera singer collage piece. I was planning on selling it, but when my mom left a message on my blog telling me it was her favorite, I knew it had to go to her. :)

Thank you again, and I'm adding your blog to my favorites!

Holly