Sunday, September 17, 2006

Glorious Sunday - Unhurried and Relaxed Edition

Einstein has nothing to do with this post, however I always say E=MC Squared Rules!!!! (the truth is my scanner won't work today cause I need ink ((no I don't know why the scanner doesn't work without ink, what am I Enstein???)) so until we go to the store I can't use it).

Anywhoo, I am starting to come down from last weekend at Valley Ridge. It is amazing how something so incredibly wonderful can take days to come down from! Today is a lazy Sunday which Mike and I will spend puttering around the house. He is the Comissioner for his fantasy football league so he will be checking out the NFL and I will try to catch up on some art projects; however last night we made stops at Borders and Barnes and Noble and I scored four books and the Publishers Weekly Fall Announcements (finally!), so I may spend the majority of the day ensconsed in my reading room (read as my bed!). I really need to finish a book today because I have spent the last few months of free time on the Internet as opposed to reading like a madman which is what I used to do. I need to read!

Last night was Mike's work outing at Medieval Times!! Did you ever see the movie The Cable Guy? I don't really like that movie, but they have a scene in which they go to Medieval Times which is kind of funny. Anyway, the basic idea is you sit in stadium-like seating, eat a dinner served by a "wench", and watch a jousting match, a falconer, and cheer for your knight. They don't serve your dinner with silverware.....you know cause they didn't have silverware in Medieval Times (which I seriously doubt that they had no eating implements, I mean come on!), but I had just purchased a new outfit for this outing and I was not about to get food remnants all over it by eating with my hands (and also I never eat chicken with my hands anyway!). So, I asked our "wench" for utensils and she said they were only for toddlers. But upon my second request she relented and I ate with plastic fork and knife! Victory for the high maintanence!

Prior to the festivities we stopped at Borders and Barnes and Noble where I scored the above-mentioned magazine and:

Three Dog Life by Abigail Thomas

The Way We Were: Remembering Diana by Paul Burrell

I Was A Child of Holocaust Survivors by Bernice Eisenstein

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

I started Three Dog Life this morning and it looks very interesting. I read another memoir by Abigail Thomas several years ago. The title was Safekeeping. It was very good too.

Mike got two newly published books written by Jeopardy contestants and they look really good too!

Prisoner of Trebekistan by Bob Harris

and

Brainiac by Ken Jennings

And lastly, Mike showed me this hilarious video which I would like to present to you......

Weatherman versus Cockroach

Oh yes, and one last thing I discovered this week that is hilarious! Hoops and Yoyo these are characters for free E-cards that Hallmark has put out. I am serious, these two are totally hysterical!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Glorious Sunday indeed! Guess I never really have to go to Medieval Times after all...I always thought it would be fun..NOT! Here's to high maintenance as well as the need for spell check in blog land!

lindaharre said...

lAURA, YOU ARE SO SWEET AND ALWAYS SO COMPLIMENTARY! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS ON MY BLOG. YOUR TRIP SOUNDS LIKE "A TRIP"! WHAT FUN TO SPEND A LARGE AMOUNT OF TIME WITH KINDRED SPIRITS! I AM ENVIOUS......

Danielle Muller said...

always wanted to go to that medieval times place...sounds interesting to say the least!

createacraft said...

a wonderful trip.. and a wonderful author..
Ilove reading as well..what can be better than the smell of a book.. the one which evades.. at the first opening of the pages..
enjoy..

Anonymous said...

Oh, you're going to love Bob Harris's Prisoner of Trebekistan! Such a treat you have in front of you! Warning: you might end up sitting up all night to finish it!