Friday, September 29, 2006

Chapter Two: In which I drink more lattes and collect more vintage photos.

Ahhhhh Friday night!! A night of puttering around with the seemingly endless weekend looming ahead of the working gal! I am hoping to get some organization, cleaning, and arting done this weekend. Of course, that is always my plan, and yet, I am sitting amidst clutter, filth and spew, and unfinished art projects. And you know what the they say about that road paved with good intentions!!!!!!!
Changing the subject from my bad habits.....here is a new subcategory of collecting: Vintage photos of Brides With Glasses.....I have about four or five of these pictures. Here are the two I found yesterday.
Below is a really cool picture of a woman in what I think is a vintage costume from a foreign contry. If anyone knows what country this costume is from please let me know.
Below is a picture Jane said I should get. I think she is right, it is pretty cool. She looks like an upper crust New England lady. I wouldn't mess with her! Mind your manners! Watch your P's and Q's.
Lastly, I added six new blog links to my list of best blogs.....they are in a line at the right, the bottom six are the new ones. They are all extremely great and filled with totally inspiring art!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Jane now have another addiction to share! I gotta have an intervention for you two...or get my hiney up there to enjoy the fun! Great pics by the way. I hope you are keeping an eye out for my little girl I have been collecting since summer. Seeing as I found cards of her in Peru, Princeton and Wisconsin she is sure to be up in your area too. More outstanding brides and lasses with glasses to boot!

Anonymous said...

That is so fascinating about looking for brides with glasses. It just makes you more aware and take better notice of these antique photos. What a beautiful collection.

Anonymous said...

Love these amazing photos Laura...you should put these on CD and sell them. I'd be your first customer. Glad to see you added Rande to your links...that girl is hot stuff. I added Holly to mine. Love it when we share all our great finds. xoxo

beth said...

Ohhhh girl.....the new pictures are TOO great. Now I've got to add glasses to the long veils and flowers request.....I think maybe you've had a few too many lattes !!! BAHHHHAAAAAAA

Kristal said...

I don't think I've ever seen a bride with glasses, or else i wasn't paying attention, but I will from now on :0) And thanks so much for the links, I started wandering further & further away...All of them were great.
BTW, thanks for the suggestions for the swap-your first two said "YES"!!!

Deb said...

OMG! This woman (last picture) looks EXACTLY like my great- grandmother Emma!!! Seriously! I will have to dig out my photo of her and will post so you can see... and she WAS the quintisential, very proper New England woman!

Anonymous said...

THIS IS JUST A TEST...

One Crabapple said...

Hi Maude Girl

Love the Bride photos...

Don't know about the costume gal and the older woman (?) in white is a good photo too. I like your idea of an upper crust from New England type.

ahh Friday night is a distant memory now .... sigh. Back to work.

Hope you are well.
L/S

Anonymous said...

Hi, Laura. I googled to find Holly Stinnett and saw "Maude and Mozart" and couldn't resist taking a look at the blog of a person who would think of such an intriguing blog name! Just wanted to say that when I saw the costume photo, it made me think of the British flag. Maybe she's from Great Britian: England, Scotland, or Wales? See here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=british+flag&btnG=Google+Search
Love the cabinet cards - your collection sounds very interesting. Enjoyed reading your chatty blog. 'til next time - Sally