Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Ephemera Queen is Singing Show Tunes!

This beautiful wall hanging was made by Beth. She made one for each of the Valley Ridge gals, and this scan does not do it justice. I vow that by the end of the week I will try to take a picture with our digital camera to see if I can get a better image for you because this is so gorgeous and so sentimental!! I just love it! I have it proudly hanging in our entry hall. Beth immediately applied the lessons learned at Valley Ridge and sent out a very meaningful memento.

Interspersed throughout today's blog are pictures/items I bought in Wisconsin and one from Indiana....such a world traveler.
Today's update is brought to you due to the orders barked out by the blog police. The police woman Kim demanded a new entry, so here it is missy! Another thing Kim is responsible for this week is lots of fooling around at work with a new toy. She sent me an email that in turn has led to about 50 other emails being sent to my friends, and so on and so on. Please go here to see what I am talking about, it can be used for great hilarity!!!!
What is this about show tunes??? Well, I have been inexplicably drawn to listening to them on Accuradio. I am stumped by this behavior, but I must say you have not lived until you are dancing in your chair at work with Midge while listening to Hugh Jackman sing "I Go to Rio." Try it, it's fun!
The back of this card reads: Bones and Bud, taken Monday morning November 7, 1910 at 9 a.m. I want to know more!
I love, love, love wedding pictures, and more specifically pictures of brides!!

I know this Vogue pattern looks pretty beat up, but I can cut out the drawings of the women and use them in something.

I finished the Abigail Thomas book, A Three Dog Life, and I can heartily recommend it. It is a fast read and a very insightful read. She is a very good writer. This week I am going to see Philipa Gregory on Thursday night (if you click on this link you will see a picture of the author speaking to a group of people. Look for the beautiful blond lady with a hot pink sweater, that is my friend Sharon, and I am sitting to her right, you can tell it's me by my baby blue Crocs! we went to see her the last time she was in town, watch out Philipa we are stalking you! Sharon is my most faithful author signing friend. We have gone to many, many signings and always have a total blast) and hopefully will see Jane Hamilton on Friday night. Both have written very good books and both are very interesting people! I love author signings and have not gone to them in a long time. I just found out I missed Joyce Carol Oates in this area recently, and that is a bummer.

Okay, back to my reading room for the current selection, the book about Princess Diana.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, great pics & even I, Trixie Belle would of went with you to see Joyce Carol Oats! Man Crazy is one of my favorites.

dogfaeriex5 said...

ok, sgt kim will rip up your ticket and could that couple in the wedding picture smile, good god, it is supposed to be the happiest day of your life..

One Crabapple said...

I remember when you first shared the idea of the Princess Di book on your blog. I bet you are just in heaven looking thru that.

Oh you have so many goodies here to look at ! The photos are so interesting. I am peering at each one...and good to know you love brides ! I will keep an eye out.

The Beth Quilt is wonderful. I know you all had such a good time from reading your delicious blog entry about the class time (Jail Time did someone say ?) at VAlley Ridge.

Have to check out this thing with Kim you are telling....

And trying as hard as I can to get HUGH JACKMAN (???) and his singing OUT OF MY HEAD !!
aaaAA

One Crabapple said...

ps. (of course!)

Love Philippa G. --have fun ! do tell!

and LOVE the Vogue pattern (Score!)

createacraft said...

beatiful cards.. and such a nice post.. enjoy

Anonymous said...

Great stuff Miss Laura! I am still cracking up over Monk-E-Mail!