3 hours ago
Monday, June 12, 2006
Tooting with Mr. Mike
Mike and I had such fun yesterday!!! We went to the annual used book sale that is held in two huge tents!! I love to just look and see what is there. After picking up a bunch of books there we had lunch and then went to Barnes and Noble and Half Price Books! We were quite self-indulgent!
Above is a page from a book of children's sheet music I got at the used book sale for one dollar! There are several more pages with cute illustrations too! I got 3 other books to alter or use for altering!
and here are the titles I got throughout the day (does anyone really care? The only reason I am typing them in is cause if I heard someone went on an all day book toot I would want to know what they got, in its entirety!)
1. Organizing Your Craft Space by Jo Packham (people who know me, feel free to laugh now! I got it for the pictures of cool spaces basically).
2. Collage: Lost and Found (subtitled Creating Unique Projects with Vintage Ephemera)
3. A Good Scent from a Strange Mountain by Robert Olen Butler
4. Forever Erma by Erma Bombeck
5. Baby Doctor by Perri Klass
6. The Liar's Club by Mary Karr
7. Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder
8. Di and I by Peter Lefcourt
9. Comfort Woman by Noral Okja Keller
10. The Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephine B. by Sandra Gulland
11. Q and A by Vikas Swarup
12. Ursula, Under by Ingrid Hill
13. I'm No Saint by Elizabeth Hayt
14. Dispatches from the Edge by Anderson Cooper
15. Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
16. Kiss Tomorrow Hello - essays by various authors on being a woman over 40
Needless to say, all bets are off on a disciplined routine of summer reading (you know read what was on the list on a previous entry). Now it is willy-nilly time people!!!
Let me know if you know of any of these books or will be reading any of them!