5 minutes ago
Thursday, June 01, 2006
If I could do anything over a summer it would be this: Spend July, August, and September at a cabin with a screened in porch at a lake near a cute little town that had a book store, a stamp store, and antique shops........Town would be a ten minute walk through tree-lined streets. The neighbors would be fun and interesting and we would have bonfires and games of Trivial Pursuit. However, I will be staying in my own little town and going to work.......but be that as it may....I can still have my list of summer reading!!! Here are the books I am starting with.....
1. Wolf Boy by Evan Kuhlman (I will actually finish this tonight! Great book).
2. After the Deluge by Douglas Brinkley (non-fiction about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina).
3. My Latest Grievance by Elinor Lipman.
4. We are all Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg
5. Long Way Back by Brendan Halpin
6. I am no one You Know by Joyce Carol Oates
7. Blonde by Joyce Carol Oates
8. Midnight at the Dragon Cafe by Judy Fong Bates
9. The Dead Beat by Marilyn Johnson
10. The Girls by Lori Lansens
11. The Boy Who Fell Out of the Sky by Ken Dornstein
12. Falling Through the Earth by Danielle Trussoni
13. Guests of the Ayatollah by Mark Bowden
All of these books and many more are in my house, so I shouldn't need to buy anymore, but if you saw my Amazon.com wishlist you would know that I am incorrigible! oh wait, I just remembered Fannie Flagg has a new book coming out July 4th! (I loved, loved, loved her book Standing Under the Rainbow!!! Hint, hint if you need a summer book!).
Anyway, if anyone looks up any of these books on Amazon to read a synopsis, and then decides they want to read it please let me know!!!! We could read it at the same time or something!
Lastly, I would love to know what books others are reading now or this summer!! Please let me know!
Here is to long summer evenings and good books!!!