Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas is Coming!

I have one more day of work and then it my mini-Christmas vacation! On Christmas Eve Mike and I will go to my Mom's house and on Christmas Day we will go to Mike's parents' house. We still need to do some shopping, and we are planning on hitting the stores early Saturday morning hopefully avoiding big crowds.
Every year I say I will be ready before this (well you have already heard me say that, but still....).......but next year I will be ready earlier! Tomorrow night I will be going out to dinner with my friends Trish and Jane! We are going to a nice restaurant and the whole shebang!
Remember when I went to Rockford, IL for the day with my Mom. We went to a stamp store, a Swedish store, and two antique malls. The stamp store was just okay. The Swedish store was fun, and the antique malls were kind of stinky. Not much too exciting and high prices, but I did manage to find a few treasures which are the top picture and the following two. Although I do not enjoy cooking, cleaning or wearing dresses.....I find the images on these books just lovely!!! Would that it was 1947 (and there had been no WW1 or WW2) and I was a happy housewife, staying home while my hunky husband went to work, earning enough money to maintain the family of a son and our dog!!! Wouldn't that be fun? We could have martinis in the evening! Using a real cocktail shaker! (of course, in this fantasy I would like martinis right?)
The photo album below is in really bad shape, however the cover is cool (it even has two bluebirds on it!) and someday when I am good at altering things I will use it in some sort of assemblage!
It even had about six pages of pictures inside! Bonus!

6 comments:

Diane Duda said...

I just love all your postcards! I bought a few last year on ebay, but only got 3 before I was on to the next thing. But they say 3 is a collection right?

Your 1947 scenario sounds like heaven. Although I don't think I've ever even tasted a martini. Eggnog is probably a better fit for me.

Jean said...

I just love all the beautiful pictures.Great finds! Your banner is really georgeous! Every time I visit your blog I am taken with that picture.

Anonymous said...

Christmas is coming, Christmas is coming and so is more great eye candy from Laura!!! Thanks for warming me up with the vintage Christmas card images..I think the boy on the cover of the cookbook has issues though...or do I just need my glasses and another cup of coffee?

Unknown said...

Laura these are such great treasures. You and I seem to have a similar eye when it comes to these vintage images! Thanks for stopping by my blog and the lovely compliment on my pendant. I got to open your present this morning and was so tickled at the tag book! I love it! I have always wanted to buy or make one and now I have the best! Thank-you so much!!
Crystal

beth said...

Ahem....you in a dress...nope, can't picture it..hee hee !!!! But the rest of the story is great !!!! The ALBUM though is even more GREAT !!!! The ones in bad shape are the best and I can't wait to see it up close and personal. I can't wait to hear about dinner with the girls...JEALOUS....so jealous !!!

carlene federer said...

Happy Holidays Laura!