Thursday, December 07, 2006

Friends

"It is a sweet thing friendship, a dear balm, A happy and auspicious bird of calm........" Percy Shelley
I am so lucky. I am so blessed. I am so happy because I have the best friends in the world! I wish I could be more eloquent in stating this, but alas, I am no wordsmith. Let me just say that I would not have made it this far in my life without friends. They support me unconditionally, they laugh with me, cry with me, and make my life a total joy!

Pretend I just won an Oscar. I have to thank: Noreen, Trish, Jane, Lorie, Susan, Karen, Kathy, Melissa, Sharon, Pat, Beth, Kim, Sandy, Bertha, Joyce, John, Stan, Kathy P., Patti, Julie, Diane, Jill, Mary Lynn, Heather, Dorothy, and Carolyn.

These are the people who make my life so happy! (of course so do my husband, mother, brother, Dad and Mary!).

But there is something different about girlfriends, isn't there??? The hysterical laughing, the talk, talk, talking, the trusting, and THE SHOPPING!!! It is all so much fun!

This weekend I will get to meet Kim in person! We are planning on a wonderful time of getting to know each other better and antiquing and art talk!!! Jane and Julie will be along to and I am so excited!!

Thank you friends for being in my life! I could not make it without you!

16 comments:

dogfaeriex5 said...

i ditto the sentiment..i do not know what i would be doing if i didnt have all my friends to get through the day...you are so precious to me and i hold you all like an egg in my hand, so careful not to drop and break whats inside...gawd where did that prose
come from...love you~k

ps..watch out chicago..here we come!!

beth said...

No, I'm the one thanking you for letting me be a friend in your life.
You have made me laugh like I have known you for years and you really are, a very rare gem !!!!!

Anonymous said...

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them..... Emerson


Here's to all the stupid times.

Laura said...

Yes Lorie! Here is to many more stupid and fun times!! Maybe we will have some on Saturday at our class!

One Crabapple said...

oh shoot

it is You I thank !

It was instant friendship

You are so bright and write so well it was as if we were talking in person from the get go.

YOu were so supportive and cheerful all the time.

How could I not fall in love with you ?

Thank YOU !
x o x

One Crabapple said...

ooohhh ! AND !

One day it will be ME joining You Guys I hope.....sniff sniff....

I do hope you have fun

I am trying to be a Good Sport
and Not Pout !

But I know I will get to share it when you talk to me about it and I am excited that you all get to meet and form a bond.

LEAVE ROOM FOR ME later !!!!
Love, S.

beth said...

And Sandy...she will leave room for you....she has a very big heart !!!!

Laura said...

Oh Sandy if you only knew!!! We were all talking about coming to LA sometime and "taking a class" from you!!!!!! Don't worry, we will consult with you first!

Anonymous said...

This is soooo sweet it makes me teary eyed! For those of you who don't know... Laura and I met in the parking lot at Archiver's scrapbooking store (doomed from the very start with the SHOPPING!) and we instantly connected! Trish was there in the lot too and who would have ever thought we would all be such good dear friends? It truly was meant to be! Love you and thank you for being you - you're the best - oh and this blog and all the others has really been so cool how we all "know" each other and live across the U.S. - okay enough sappy from Janie poo....

Maggie Ann said...

It sounds like your life is rich and overflowing with blessings. How good!

Anonymous said...

GROUP HUG!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm verclempt! I have watched you unfold like an intricate orgami puzzle, each layer a deeper shade, yet familiar. I have learned to truly understand your weirdness...but I still slip and am crass and abrubt - for that I apologize. You tolerate my sick sense of humor, my wild side and my illiteracy and still love me cuz I am generous, and giving and accepting. I think I need a cig.

createacraft said...

girlfriends..we live with and girlfriends we share the web..
they are there to make the world a more enjoyable and liv-able plce.. enjoy

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

awww, Thank You Laura. I am very touched to be included amongst your dear friends. I am so thankful to the internet that has allowed people with so many physical miles between them to become so close.

Love
Heather

Diane Duda said...

What a lovely post! I think you are quite the wordsmith. Thanks also for the kind words you left on my blog. I was thrilled to know it was you, because I love visiting here.
I'm glad you liked your purchase and wanted to let you know that my "masked girl" did show up on etsy just this morning.

Di :)

One Crabapple said...

I loved reading Jane's story of how you met !