Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Quiet Night at Home

Mike and I are having a quiet night at home, well actually not entirely quiet, we are playing music loud. We call it a music party! Mike is at the helm this evening and is playing The Jayhawks, X, Herman's Hermits, The Blasters, Uncle Tupelo, and The Jam! We are so cool! Aren't we? That is going on in the living room and in the computer room I am loading music into ITunes so I can make my custom CDs that I have promised the lucky winners!
When my Mom and I went shopping in Rockford the other day we found a sweet Swedish shop where the above postcard is from. We had fun in that store. My Mom got a Swedish flag in honor of her heritage and I got a really cool hat!!!
Above Christmas card is from the lovely Michelle of Milwaukee, Wisconsin! Main image is from Inky Antics in case you want to get one! Thank you for this lovely card Michelle! I love it!
Also totally loving this wonderful Christmas card from my dear friend Lorie. She used one of my most favorite Stamping Up images on an old button card!!! Totally cool!
My lovely friend Karen made this awesome little Thank You card! It is in this totally great envelope, small and cute!! I love it so much!!!

Not much to report tonight, but I wanted to post some eye candy! I wrapped a few packages, but Mike and I still have to shop....we are so behind! Every year I say I am going to be ready by the second week of December so I can just enjoy the season and it never happens! Maybe I will refer myself to this entry next year in November!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, can you turn it down a little, I'm trying to work. Who am I kidding, crank it up you wild and crazy duo! Sounds like a great way to spend an evening.

Love ya both!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a delightful evening..and if it helps I too am not done buying, wrapping, decorating, baking nor I have I sent out a single solitary Christmas card! Can't beat that with a stick.

beth said...

Dance baby dance....you know you did !!! There's no way you can play music loudly without moving those hips a bit.
And no Christmas worries my dear...you still have 5 days before the Christmas festivities. The bad news is you CAN'T get everything you need at Michaels and Archivers...DANG those hard to shop for people !! If only everyone wanted the Basic Grey paper the world would be a much happier place !!!!!

dogfaeriex5 said...

hermas hermits, so love them!! you & mr mike are way cool! did the mr have his hat on when he was spinning the lps?? i can just imagine the scene...you guys rock,,
xoxo~k


ps and s...you image on my holiday atc was a huge hit las night!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I can't relate to the music. I don't know who any of them are (surprise, surprise right??) Anyway, I do love the cards. They are simply superb.

Rock on girlfriend.

Karen

Melinda said...

I saw the same thing every year I also want to be more "ready" before December to enjoy the holidays more. This year I guess I just about made it at least as far as shopping and things like that went. However......it seems I am never totally quite there with anything I do these days. Happy Holidays!