Friday, December 15, 2006

Special Day with Mom

It is 7 a.m. here in Chicagoland. My Mom and I are getting ready to embark on our annual Christmas toot. We don't necessarily go Christmas shopping, but we strive to go someplace that is all decorated and has lots of cute things. This year, we are headed into unknown territory and going to Rockford, Illinois. It is about 70 miles from here. I have finagaled (sp?) that as our destination as there is a stamp store there that I have never been to!! Plus, they have some antique shops! I am on an antique high of late and want a new fix!

The above picture reminds me of my Mom because she always brings the magic of Christmas to my heart! Her presents are always wrapped beautifully. Her house is a vision of Christmas magic every year. And she just makes me feel like a kid at Christmas, and that is fun!!!
Above is a picture of my Grandma Jacobs, my brother Todd, my Mom, and me!!!
Lastly, my Mom showed me this engagement calender that she got for herself. It is a total wonder of vintage images!!! It is published through Green Tiger Press and Laughing Elephant. I am a hunt for one as we speak!! It is so great.

Okay, wish us luck on the finding of great stamps and antiques! Wish you could all go with us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh but I have just been on an adventure with you and your mom as I read your blog! What great stuff, what a wonderful picture you paint with your words.

beth said...

Lucky you.....a day with mom !!!

{I found that calendar if you are still looking !!!!}

MarilynH said...

wow--have fun with your mom and I hope the stamping and antique stores are good ones! sounds like fun. Does your trip envolve food? :)


Neat calendar!!!!!

Diane Duda said...

I've got to say that you are the best feedback-leaver ever! I can't thank you enough for all the wonderful things that you've said about me...everywhere. You are way to kind!

I hope you had a wonderful day with your mom and I'm glad you like "the girls".

Your friend,
Di :)