Saturday, December 02, 2006

Saturday Night---Ahhhhh!

Beloved Saturday night here! Mike and I went out for lunch and then to two used bookstores today! What fun! We have been watching a show on the Discovery channel about climbing Mount Everest, so I had to get some books about that subject. Found some cool old books to use in art work too! Now we are home to hang out with the TV and read the Sunday Chicago Tribune, and look at all the books and CDs we collected today.
Before we left I used the digital camera to take a couple of pictures!! These are my first attempts with this camera! Above are my packages for the 12 Days of Christmas! We will open one a day starting December 13th!!!!
Lastly, here is "my side" of the bookcases on each side of our fireplace. These two shelves contain some of my all-time favorite books. The picture is blurry. Why is that? I thought these cameras were supposed to do everything. Was I too close? Not enough light? Any tips would be appreciated! Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

beth said...

Ohhh...you are gonna be dangerous now that you've got the hang of using your camera!!!! (the book picture is a little blurry on the blog, but when you enlarge it, it's not blurry at all) so I'm not really sure what to tell you....although, I know my camera has a setting on it that is for "web" pictures so they are sized differently or something for putting them on my computer....actually, you need someone else to help you...as you can see I don't really know much, huh ??

beth said...

WATCH OUT PEOPLE....BE AFRAID....VERY AFRAID....LAURA HAS FIGURED OUT HOW TO USE HER CAMERA AND HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE PICTURES FROM IT.....AS IF SHE WASN'T ENOUGH FUN TO BEGIN WITH, NOW WE REALLY GET TO SEE HER UP CLOSE AND KNOW HER BETTER !!!!!....I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT SHE PRODUCES NOW FOR OUR VIEWING PLEASURE ON HER BLOG !!!!!

One Crabapple said...

Okay where to start here because so many things went thru my head to talk to you about !laughing.

I know...what a surprise ! me wanting to TALK

So your pictures are fantastic. Great new camera ! Love the vintage tin and the balls in the glass bowl ! going to have to do that !!! (inspire-er You)...

The books all in a row ...eee gads I can't even show you the topsy turvy look of my bookcase after this beautiful display.

YAY Harry Potter ! and I loved enlarging the photo to pour over your books (CUTE WALLPAPER !)

What a wonderful day ! and to come home snug and cozy to go thru all of your loot together .... How fun! I love days like that !

As for Everest ! laughing because we watched the same show ! I am quite sure I never want to climb Mt. Everest. Angel Pie said : Well I am not saying I wouldn't or couldn't (MEN!) but I don't think I am going to make it a life goal or go out of my way to do it ! BRRRRR ! and they were hardcore , eh ? WHY ? you know ... laughing. I just say WHY !!!? crazy people. Come do my yard work if you have that much energy ! I have a Mt. Everest out there in the back !!!

Anyway, as to the blurred picture - there is probably an auto focus button that will pop up little dots in the center of your picture you can use...or it might be that you moved just a smidge !

How FUN ! new camera ! can't wait to see all the lovely pix you will post now ! (well , they were always lovely before too !)

I did stop by the bookstore yesterday and still no LINDA HARRE LEGACY ISSUE ! what is going on ! don't I live in Los Angeles ??? sheeeesh. But I did get a couple I am about to go curl up with . Kitty , tea and mags. See ya !

ps. How did the Little Polish Lady Prep work out ? are you buried in snow. I watched the news and they did say that the center part of the country got record snows ! I did not see anything about your place tho ! what is going on ?? Did you get erased with all that snow ?

Stay warm. Happy Sunday ! Love, S.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! You are photo freindly! We might have to photo swap now! Great Saturday tale...I await the Sunday edition.