Friday, May 26, 2006

Opera


Last night I went downtown to see Nixon in China. This is an opera by John Adams that was written in 1987. It is very different to see a modern opera. The music was so different than what I am used to with Mozart, Verdi, and Wagner. It was extremely great though! Very interesting to see modern clothing and references to the Apollo astronauts. It was fascinating to watch "Pat Nixon" dancing about. I went by myself, which I don't mind at all. I can really observe everything around me that way. I purchased a new stamping magazine and brought that along to read during the intermission. It was really a great time, especially as I knew I did not have to go to work today!!! Jane and I are getting stuff ready for a used stamp sale tomorrow. We hope to make money from our "old stuff" to get some more new stuff! Oh, and just so you don't get the impression that I am a total stuffed shirt opera loving nerd.......I blasted Led Zepplin and The Knack on the way home!!! Woohoo! Total cultural experience all the way around!

No comments: